#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Was he the chunky fella who challenged JJ Abrams to a fight or something?

Yeah, he posted a ton of his youtube videos too. Could never bring myself to watch one

• Like 1

Speaking of The Lion King, it's shocking how successful the musical continues to be.

Highest grossing Broadway production of all time and still on top on top (2014's highest grossing Broadway production).

I almost wonder if Disney shouldn't have sent the sequel straight to video. Would a proper Lion King sequel have worked? 

Remember when The Lion King 2012 re-release doubled Jurassic Park 2013 re-release DBO?  

The TLK 3D re-release was just one of those bizarre anomalies.  Yes, TLK was beloved (and I guess the musical played a part in that, although I never considered that until just now!), but that came out at Peak 3D and, ya know, just maybe had good luck.  For comparison, 'Finding Nemo' was also beloved, and that 3D re-release did middling business (as did most others....including Titanic).  I think there was just some luck with the TLK re-release.

She never gave me wood.  In boners I trust.

"stray brush stroke on the Mona Lisa" is about right.  (Also, the raptor-skeptic kid at the beginning was a missed beat.  One other small complaint: the movie never made clear that Nedry was planning to return to the computer lab after dropping off the embryos.  That's stated in the novel - although I missed that detail - and so I never understood how Nedry was planning to evade InGen-hired bounty hunters the rest of his life.)

My one complaint with JP1 is just the kids, mainly the girl. Flashlight shining in T-Rex face. Good idea...not. Otherwise it is pretty much a grand slam movie.

Inside Out was great. Lots of fun, probably Pixar's most consistently funny film as well. My friend and I both loved it. She was also amused at the Lava short,

supposedly the female volcano looked like one of our coworkers.

Glad to see it absolutely unphased by JW's beastly grosses. Truly a weekend, hell, a month for books.

• Like 1

My one complaint with JP1 is just the kids, mainly the girl. Flashlight shining in T-Rex face. Good idea...not. Otherwise it is pretty much a grand slam movie.

:D

• Like 1

Yeah, he posted a ton of his youtube videos too. Could never bring myself to watch one

I watched one of his youtube videos he linked and turned it off within seconds.  He was all kinds of creepy,  that motherfucker reminded me of the Yellow King in True Detective.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

I watched one of his youtube videos he linked and turned it off within seconds. He was all kinds of creepy, that motherfucker reminded me of the Yellow King in True Detective.

Link?

Yeah, the Lion King musical has been key to its enduring appeal. 

Disney's The Lion King, which played its 7,000th Broadway performance Sept. 3, is now the top-earning title in box-office history for both stage productions and films, according to the Associated Press.

The Lion King boasts a worldwide gross of over $6.2 billion, more than any other stage work or film in history. Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera previously held the record, with a worldwide gross of $6 billion. In film the title is held by "Avatar," which grossed $2.8 billion worldwide.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/the-lion-king-is-now-top-earner-in-box-office-history-331145

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

:D

In the Jurassic Park movies so far till Jurassic World, only one human kills a dinosaur on-screen. And the dinosaur the human kills is a raptor.... through the power of gymnastics

That triumphant background music and the sound effects, they really thought this would be the iconic scene or something.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1