#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

JW dropped only 39% in Australia against the opening of both Minions and IO.   JW = AUD9.87m   Minions + IO = AUD9.45m   Avatar's old 2nd weekend record was AUD8.75m set over Christmas weekend.     It helps when school holidays have started and uni exams are finishing
Actually school holidays are still 1 week away for 95% of the country so this hold wasn't helped by that.
  • Like 2

Is there anywhere where this isn't doing amazing numbers. 400m in 10d is just insane. Gonna be a long time before that's broken i think. Matched yes. But broken..... As for the AU number. It's a even crazier considering it opened to only to the 3rd biggest all time. To hold to less than 40% dip from that without any boost a holiday or FD is just insane. Given its holidays from next weekend u'd think its in for even better holds. Wow

What is with the guy on BOM's obsession with Spy? Out of all the films he seems to be obsessed with tracking it.

(And some of his vs. charts make no sense-I mean yeah similar films-but come on Chappie vs. Tomorrowland? Pitch Perfect vs. Pitch Perfect 2?)

have you seen the title of the Avengers vs. Jurassic World showdown? It is basically a useless title calling a special showdown for Chris Liberge like who cares about the requested that showdown just keep it as the original title top grossing films of all-time domestic there we go

How soon could IO take back #1? JW will probably drop around 65%, while Riley & Co. will have a smaller drop (TS3 dropped just over 51% with a better Sunday hold). Give those drops with RTH's numbers and you have $13m for JW and $12m for IO.

Star Wars and BvS will gross about 1B total each and will be seen as disappointments on this forum. Everyone else in the world will be stunned and happy,

• Like 4

Star Wars and BvS will gross about 1B total each and will be seen as disappointments on this forum. Everyone else in the world will be stunned and happy,

Star Wars is gonna do far more than 1B. BvS tho  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Devin is a dumb fuck, same dude who complained about SA not having enough scenes of Dwayne Johnson saving civilians :rofl:  There is one scene in the middle of the earthquake. No need for more. If he is such a fan of that crap keep getting in between the good stuff, Ultron is there for him. 

So basically you're fine with "heroic" movies having no moral core?

Edited by Darth Homer

bdh's assistant was really one of the more sympathetic characters in the whole movie.

She was a true hero. Those brats really deserved to be ripped in two and served fresh to Deus Ex Womaneater full frontal. (Hey, I want my subconscious' sociopathic tendancies to be indulged too).

• Like 1

Star Wars is gonna do far more than 1B. BvS tho  :ph34r:

BvS is going to depend on how good it is. If it's good then it will do well. If it's MOS quality then I think it will disappoint. And with ZS helping BvS the only thing I'm confident will be good will be the trailers.

Yep.. The internet is an interesting world filled with a wide variety of people and all with different levels of thinking.. AOU is seen as a disappointment right now, despite passing TDKR and making 1.4B or close to it and all because of very high expectations that was difficult to ignore..

"Despite" passing TDKR? Is that supposed to be this movie's bar? Because that's not a very high one.

• Like 3

Well, thats the very thing and the very difference though, isn't it? People all over the world don't know about box office - we do. That's why they will have the primitive view while we will have the smarter and more intelligent view born out of real actual knowledge of the thing! So I believe whatever our view will be and whatever their view will be...our view is to be respected for thats the superior one.

Edited by Infernus

an interesting direction for the next would be to introduce some dinosaurs "updated" with the recent paleontologists discoveries : dinos covered of feathers for example

look at these beauties :

ksfyacr1pt3olr44yead.jpg

y_huali.jpg

Looks like a bunch of bizarre farm animals

Hey, I'll take what I can get at this point..

It hasn't passed it yet in ticket sales  :ph34r:

I am just fucking with you

:lol: I don't care about that.

• Like 2