#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I have no kids and no bad habits like smoking, drinking, or gambling.

Neither do I. (minuses the drinking, but I dont burn threw $$$ on it). Crazy, but hey if you have the time then oh well. Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Neither do I. (minuses the drinking, but I dont burn threw $$$ on it). Crazy, but hey if you have the time then oh well.

Thankfully JW is only two hours or it would probably be a little more difficult.

Thankfully JW is only two hours or it would probably be a little more difficult.

Well thats not accounting previews, and time driving to and from the theater. And your typical parking lot shenanigans.

Jurassic World definitely felt like an event movie after seeing it the 2nd time. The wom is fucking insane for it. Guess it just shows how nostalgic and how much people love the original one. I have never seen my Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram newsfeeds going so chaotic/crazy for a movie. Not even for the first Avengers or The Dark Knight. Anything.

Truly history in the making.

• Like 1

Jurassic World definitely felt like an event movie after seeing it the 2nd time. The wom is fucking insane for it. Guess it just shows how nostalgic and how much people love the original one. I have never seen my Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram newsfeeds going so chaotic/crazy for a movie. Not even for the first Avengers or The Dark Knight. Anything.

So the WOM is stellar very good wonder the saturday number hope for 40 :)

BTW where do you live in the US?

Edited by Bonenash

It is nostalgia for the original but it is also outstanding execution of the current movie. The third act is freaking awesome popcorn entertainment.

• Like 3

IF JW were to go to the high end, of say even 40 mill, that's about a 40% increase.  That's quite significant especially since IO is here as well.

So if it does 40, and drops 10% on sunday, that's 105 mill.  Fucking insane.

• Like 2

IF JW were to go to the high end, of say even 40 mill, that's about a 40% increase.  That's quite significant especially since IO is here as well.

Yep. And rth said it was trending for the upper range.

• Like 1

It would be a strange twist of fate if JW breaks the record by less than 700k because that would mean it misses $400M in 10 days, just as Avengers missed $300M in 8 days by a few 100k.

Edited by cory

I suspect once we get some of the outsider Star Wars fans to show up, this place is going to go full nuclear meltdown.

What until you see me going full fan boy this fall. 

OH yeah. If people think the Nolanites and Marvelites are militaristic wait til they get a load of the hardcore Star Wars fans

Good I looked forward to seeing them.

I'm back in Ohio :bop:

you have my sincere condolences. it going to be okay Ethan. 

55b324daa1deaa74959db8af88603630.jpg

Edited by North Stars
  • Like 1

It would be a strange twist of fate if JW breaks the record by less than 700k because that would mean it misses $400M in 10 days, just as Avengers missed $300M in 8 days by a few 100k.

Universal needs to say fuck it and push it over if necessary. Discount Tuesday is a perfect spot to repay the fudge back to the box office gods.

• Like 1

props to IO as well....its holding its ground against this juggernaut that noone saw coming about a month ago...

an original animation opening 2nd with 95mn against a 4-quadrant mov like JW is equally insane IMO.. :hi5:

• Like 1

Only bad thing about CA2 was that it went from smaller scale political thriller to enormous scale superhero CGI fest in the third act. Basically just fulfilling the required/expected third act from audiences and shareholders, but the political thriller part of it was great.

Why would Hydra let Shield let Fury create the Avengers in the first place?!

Why did BW wait until everything had already happening to use the secret thing on Pierce at the end??

What an insane weekend.

Lets say JW ends up around 105. My question is: if JW can manage a sub 50% drop following a record breaking OW, going against a 95 million dollar opening, after racking up $85 million or so on the weekdays, what will the drops be in upcoming weeks as it stablizes even more?

My word, where could this thing end up?! Jaw dropping

• Like 3

lol It was not there earlier. Sorry. Ha ha.

I looked for it and found it nd just put it in the title about 10 minutes ago.

What an insane weekend.

Lets say JW ends up around 105. My question is: if JW can manage a sub 50% drop following a record breaking OW, going against a 95 million dollar opening, after racking up $85 million or so on the weekdays, what will the drops be in upcoming weeks as it stablizes even more?

My word, where could this thing end up?! Jaw dropping

I would love if JW could some how pull a major upset and beat Titanic.