#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I'm enjoying this weekend, but now the rest of the summer's looking pretty average.

The only movie left that I'm looking forward to is Minions.

Pixels, Terminator and Ted 2 all look bad to me.

Oh, and I have a bad feeling about Ant-man.

Pirates 3 is absolutely terrible, have people lost their minds?

Not at all--PIRATES 3 is terrible. JW might be as bad, though. 

I'm enjoying this weekend, but now the rest of the summer's looking pretty average.

Good thing July isn't that big, because there's going to need to be a break for Pixels and/or MI5 to break out. 

• Like 2

Nolan always treats me right.

It's the only thing that gets me through the day.

Yeah same here. Sometimes I sit and watch his work. Never fails to amaze me.

• Like 1

In my sequel, DELTA FORCE RAPTORS!, the raptor squad are outfitted with lasers and a communications system. Pratt talks with them. The T-Rex is the grizzled old veteran commander who's too old for this shit, and Blue is the young hotshot who's always trash talking. They face off against Irrfan Khan, BD Wong (who now has an eye-patch), and a clone of Vincent D'Onofrio, who now has some dino DNA in him.

You on board?

Fuck.

Yes!

• Like 4

Exactly right. If I was Pixar I'd be happier with that than extending the streak of #1 openings. Opening at #1 isn't that big of a deal. You can open to #1 at $25m or something if you have zero competition. It's nowhere near as rare as the record they just set and will probably hold for a decade or longer.

Tell that to the media, who basially relegates it as a footnote. 

They basically play to that adage from Talledega Nights: "If you're not first, you're last."

Anyone know how they split the money with these double features?

Cinderella up nearly 35% as clearly played with Inside Out but how do they split the money? In fact how much extra is a ticket to one of those shows?

Yeah I noticed the same thing with Pitch Perfect 2 last weekend

Tell that to the media, who basially relegates it as a footnote. 

They basically play to that adage from Talledega Nights: "If you're not first, you're last."

Yeah but 10 years from now the media wouldn't be talking about its opening anyway. 10 years from now websites like this one will still be talking about the biggest #2 opening ever, especially if we end up with another weekend like this where it becomes clear that there are going to be two really big movies.

• Like 2

Terminator just needs some good buzz.

There's a huge fanbase that are just meh about everything they've seen in the marketing. If the film is surprisingly good then Paramount need those reviews this week to get the wheel turning.

If they don't come this week...well I think we all know what that means - it probably blows

• Like 1