#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

maybe you guys have already covered this but I am just getting a chance to look at the numbers now. Why is the Avengers expected to jump 200% today? That seems like an enormous pile of Triceratops shit.

• Like 1

maybe you guys have already covered this but I am just getting a chance to look at the numbers now. Why is the Avengers expected to jump 200% today? That seems like an enormous pile of Triceratops shit.

Same reason Mall Cop 2 was supposed to make 550K on Sunday last weekend.

Yeah but 10 years from now the media wouldn't be talking about its opening anyway. 10 years from now websites like this one will still be talking about the biggest #2 opening ever, especially if we end up with another weekend like this where it becomes clear that there are going to be two really big movies.

I know, in the end when IO finishes its run with very possibly 300+ mil it won't be that big of a deal. I'm just rolling my eyes right now at something that will inevitably have idiots who hate Pixar but don't rountinely follow box office latching onto whenever they want to "prove" that people are "over" Pixar. 

"I mean, Inside Out didn't even make #1. People are growing tired of Pixar movies, just accept it."

Because Keith Simanton.

(It's supposed to be flat)

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

I know, in the end when IO finishes its run with very possibly 300+ mil it won't be that big of a deal. I'm just rolling my eyes right now at something that will inevitably have idiots who hate Pixar but don't rountinely follow box office latching onto whenever they want to "prove" that people are "over" Pixar. 

"I mean, Inside Out didn't even make #1. People are growing tired of Pixar movies, just accept it."

Meh, just ignore them. It had an awesome opening and will have a really big total. I think even Baumer is amazed by the opening, haha.

• Like 4

$236 from the top 12 this weekend. Theres a hugggggeee gap between #2 and #3, so it couldve been ever better. Yet, it couldve been alot worse.

Last year: $29, $27, $24, $13, $12... :unsure:

This weekend was slightly higher than 2 years ago with MU, WWZ, MOS. That weekend wasnt as top heavy and the wealth was more spread. Either way 2nd straight weekend of $200M business. Next week could continue the streak.

Trust me there are always those people for everything

JW and IO should both increase today with actuals...they're not falling 15% on Father's Day. And lol at that Sun increase typo for AOU. Surprised BKB hasn't come in yet and said "LOOK AT THAT FATHERS DAY MARHVEL POWHER!" ;)

• Like 1

Not at all--PIRATES 3 is terrible. JW might be as bad, though. 

Good thing July isn't that big, because there's going to need to be a break for Pixels and/or MI5 to break out. 

July isn't that big?

Terminator - $110 to $120 million

Magic Mike XXL - $65 to $85 million 

Minions - $320 to $420 million 

Ant-Man - $140 to $190 million 

Trainwreck - $80 to $130 million 

Pixels - $150 to $250 million 

Paper Towns - $70 to $90 million 

MI5 - $175 to $225 million 

Vacation - $100 to $150 million 

Not to mention IO, Ted 2 and JW holding over for the first couple weeks. July is going to be huge... wouldn't underestimate it. There's some solid hits each week except July 4th. 

JW and IO should both increase today with actuals...they're not falling 15% on Father's Day. And lol at that Sun increase typo for AOU. Surprised BKB hasn't come in yet and said "LOOK AT THAT FATHERS DAY MARHVEL POWHER!" ;)

haha, I just hope he can go see JP4 today. I think he's going to love it, especially the Mososaur scenes.

Awesome weekend. Every Pixar film was #1, IO might continue the trend, probably will have softer drop than JW next week. Minions will be huge, too but you can hardly beat Pixar domestically.

DM2 had easily outgrossed MU both domestically and worldwide.

Lots of these coming in:

Bryce Byrd @Byrdman915 16m16 minutes ago

Try to take the old man to see Jurassic World for Father's Day and it's all sold out...then we get rained on. Thought that counts right.

10:18 AM - 21 Jun 2015 · Details

Zack Burr @zack_burr15 4m4 minutes ago

Never tried to get into a movie and it's sold out . #HappyFathersDay #JurassicWorld

10:38 AM - 21 Jun 2015 · Details

halsey @hahahalsey 6m6 minutes ago

to anybody who wants to go to the movies today the 3:10 IMAX Jurassic world is already sold out and everything else is close to selling out

10:36 AM - 21 Jun 2015 · Details

We should make this a regular thing....

KEITH SIMANTON LINE OF THE WEEK

When speaking of Jurassic World's domestic performance after spilling the international numbers...

'You also can't dismiss that domestic take either'

No shit Keith!!

• Like 1

Inside Out's number is a thing of beauty; it surpassed my pre-Jurassic World expectations by about 15M. Deserves every penny it makes, and what that number does for original filmmaking in general is fantastic too

• Like 1

We should make this a regular thing....

KEITH SIMANTON LINE OF THE WEEK

When speaking of Jurassic World's domestic performance after spilling the international numbers...

'You also can't dismiss that domestic take either'

No shit Keith!!

His grammar and word usage bother me more than his take on the numbers.