#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Been going over this for ages and atm don't see how IO doesn't do 30-32 , in fact I had higher numbers but brought it down (actually had done same with JW last friday but it even went higher than what I thought the higher result might be)

JW going with 31-35 for now

giphy.gif

Been going over this for ages and atm don't see how IO doesn't do 30-32 , in fact I had higher numbers but brought it down (actually had done same with JW last friday but it even went higher than what I thought the higher result might be)

JW going with 31-35 for now

giphy.gif

That is awesome for both! :)

• Like 1

It would be hilarious because every defense of Avatar more or less comes down to how much money it made, and if a merely okay "homage/sequel/whatever" to an all time classic beats it... oh boy.

Oh, not for me. I'm happy to defend it on creative levels. :)

• Like 7

Xmas comp is too strong. Alvin 4 will take out $100 million. Then another $100 million will by taken by Daddys Home. And then Untitled Blumhouse 2 will take care of the rest.

It doesn't look like IO took much away from JW and SW is on another level.

Oh wait, this was sarcasm, right?

All it needs is to have a super fucking fan servicey last 15 minutes. no matter how mind-numbingly stupid and illogical it is, if it's jacking off the original in front of an audience of families people will go nuts for it. I'm just basing this off of jurassic world's run so far.

Goddamn. I love you.

• Like 2

Ant Man could be a disaster judging by AOU's under-performance. Actually Disney is putting out the only movies under-performing instead of over-performing so far this summer. It's like the exact opposite of what happened last summer.

Inside Out is Disney. :P

• Like 1

Ant Man could be a disaster judging by AOU's under-performance. Actually Disney is putting out the only movies under-performing instead of over-performing so far this summer. It's like the exact opposite of what happened last summer.

Ant-Man is this year's Watchmen but it'll have better WOM and legs than it. However, it won't get much more than a 2.6 multiplier with a $52M OW (my prediction)

The hilarity that would ensue if Inside Out ends up having Finding Nemo legs and grossing $450-500 million, effectively bumping AoU to 4th place for the year domestically.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 3

A couple of recent overperformances doesn't mean every single movie you are interested in the near future is going to massively overperform.

I like the "all the upcoming dinosaur movies are gonna blow up now!" logic too. tell that shit to the mid-90s.

• Like 3

Ant-Man is this year's Watchmen but it'll have better WOM and legs than it. However, it won't get much more than a 2.6 multiplier with a $52M OW (my prediction)

I'm very weary about Rudd being able to lead any tent-pole like that too. He just seems like someone who should probably stick to his adult comedy type casting.

• Like 1