#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Most lines at universal are long. There's always a ton of people at the Indiana Jones rides at Disneyland, but I doubt the kids riding that ride have seen Indiana Jones. I don't doubt minions popularity. But I think we are over predicting it. I see DM2 numbers for it.

We don't even have sat or sunday numbers.

Anyways we expect JW to have a larger sat increase.

Plus JW will Surge on Sunday because it's Father's Day & The Official First Day Of Summer. Edited by Red-Ops 9

Original as in "100% original, not derived from any pre-existing work"? What's the record for that?

Edit: Tele's already got me beat. Damn! 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

IO will make people forget about DM and DM2?

I'm not going to be a broken record, but you know my thoughts on why DM and DM2 did so well. I posted the drop off comparisons from a movie dropping a major character or actor and the corresponding drop. Minions will be the most successful spinoff ever by far, but it won't hit 300m.

IO, awesome!! Great third act! (Tomorrowland could learn a thing or two.) But greatest animated film of the last couple years is a stretch. There's been some great stuff from Japan and Ireland.

How can you even compare those animated gems from Japan, Ireland, South Korea, France........

.... to the Hollywood animated flicks :ph34r:

• Like 1

Ted 2 is doing 60+ next week, and as trash as Terminator looks, it could push past 40 and MM past 30. Then after that, Minions, which at this point is doing 100M, and we will see more 50, 60, and 70M+ openers afterwards with Ant Man, Pixels, MI5, etc. Crazy.

Terminator and Magic Mike will be around 60-70 for the 5-day, Minions will be lower and Pixels will struggle. Other then that I agree with everything else.