#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

OK so it might not be very close after all. :P

Needs $200m more. Avengers got to 573 (200 above its 10-day total of 373) on Day 39. So all it has to do is match Avengers dailies and it reaches 600 on Day 39. But it's going to keep pulling away from TA due to the summer weekday advantage, so it will probably get to 600 even faster than 39 days.

Yeah, it has held better than TA1 pretty much from get go. I don't see a reason why JW will fall behind now. Real interesting question is, what kind of weekend hold for JW. Will it win another weekend? I think it ends up being very close between IO and JW. Potentially 60M+ weekend for both. 

I haven't made it through the entire song. Could take me months.

That puts Pitbull on the same level as Taylor Swift, still haven't listed to all of Bad Blood

• Like 1

Yeah, it has held better than TA1 pretty much from get go. I don't see a reason why JW will fall behind now. Real interesting question is, what kind of weekend hold for JW. Will it win another weekend? I think it ends up being very close between IO and JW. Potentially 60M+ weekend for both. 

$60m third weekend seems hard considering the Sunday drop was less than 2% for JP4. Anything over $50m would be a good result. If it could match TA1's $55m then that would be great.

I definitely think JW can hit $60M; its Friday to Friday decline was slightly better than TDK, and while father's day prevents and apples to apples comparison, JW faced much stiffer competition and only an r rated comedy this coming weekend. So I do feel it'll match TDK's 43% third weekend drop

Much like pitbull, I too bought a white don johnson jacket when I went to miami. we are truly pioneers and innovators. 

Not everybody can have a music career like Don Johnson. So we can just sit back and cherish this treasure

• Like 4

I definitely think JW can hit $60M; its Friday to Friday decline was slightly better than TDK, and while father's day prevents and apples to apples comparison, JW faced much stiffer competition and only an r rated comedy this coming weekend. So I do feel it'll match TDK's 43% third weekend drop

If that happens, $700m would jump onto the table in a hurry.

Am I the only one who thinks they both did as well as they were ever going to do?   Yes. They both took business from each other.
Anyone who wants to see them is going to find a way to do so. What if that lost business just decided to see it last week?

Anyone who wants to see them is going to find a way to do so. What if that lost business just decided to see it last week? I am sure they will see it eventually in either case. Just saying for this particular weekend they both cost each other some cash.
I find that incredibly hard to believe considering they're both blowing away expectations still . There's always going to be some sort of external influence and it's pointless to debate what could have been if the movie were released in a vacuum Edited by tribefan695

I find that incredibly hard to believe considering they're both blowing away expectations still . There's always going to be some sort of external influence and it's pointless to debate what could have been iF the movie were released in a vacuum

It's not pointless, it's fun. :P

I find that incredibly hard to believe considering they're both blowing away expectations still . There's always going to be some sort of external influence and it's pointless to debate what could have been iF the movie were released in a vacuum   It's not pointless, it's fun. :P
Eh, for me it gives off a sense that people are never satisfied. Even in the rare event these big films exceed fans' lofty predictions they still crave for more

Universal is having a great year with Fifty Shades, JW, Furious 7 and they still have Minions and other smaller films for the rest of the year. 

Outside of JW, DM, Fast etc Universal's most successful property/franchise is the musical Wicked which has made $3.7bn in the 11-12 years it's been running on Broadway and globally and they've not adapted into a film yet but it has huge potential.