Ted 2  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Ted 2

Some hits, some misses. The Liam Neeson cameo was pretty funny. The musical number during the opening credits missed. Enjoyed the nostalgia bits with homages to The Breakfast Club and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Overall it was decent, kinda meh.

6/10

The Neeson bit and when the Jurassic Park theme music started playing got the most laughs

• Like 1

More misses then hits. Definitely a step down from the first. The use of the Jurassic Park theme was awesome. It was just a very flat movie.

If you're going start with a dance number like that at least include NPH or Hugh Jackman. Or better yet, this probably needed both of them.

• Like 1

^^

the first two reviews are almost exactly what I was going to write.  It has its moments, but never fully came together.

I did like the nerd fight

It's definitely not as good as the first, but still ok in spots

B

If you ever wanted to see Mark Wahlberg covered in jizz, this is the movie for you.

Well, the trailer is for you. That pretty much covers it.

Actually, the movie adds some extra detail. It's African American jizz.

Edited by DeeCee

I thought it was pretty funny too.  The Breakfast Club scene was well done and the Liam Neeson cameo and the Trix stuff was so random and yet so funny.  I liked it for the most part.  All the black jokes were pretty funny, especially the google "black cocks" stuff.

7/10

First off, if I had actually paid to see this movie I would be royally pissed right now.  Since I didn't . . . no harm.  This is a DVD movie at best.  Sure there were some moments I laughed but at times I found myself yawning in between them.  The plot is ludicrous but hey . . . its a movie about a talking teddy bear so I can't ding it for that.  As someone else said, there were more misses than hits.  The scenes with Liam Neeson, the Pot field, the running Google joke, the Breakfast Club homage, the sperm bank slapstick and Kardashian joke . . . were hits.  The misses were way to many to mention.  Plus Ted seems a bit to mean spirited and Wahlberg a bit to douchey and dumb to be completely likable.

And although her character was not written as much of a vehicle for showing off her range I was completely amazed by Amanda Seyfield.  She was the only character who seemed human and not simply a caricature.  I guess I have underrated her skills as an actress and to me she was the best part of the movie despite the fact that the "ditzy blonde lawyer with a heart of gold" is hardly a unique creation.

Oh yeah, I do not understand MacFarlane's obsession with musicals.  The musical numbers were just long and boring in my opinion (and those that I saw the movie with).  There are worse comedies out there and its good for a few laughs.  It just seems the novelty has worn off for me and I didn't find it as funny as the original.

Edited by KGator

Was a decent movie, laught quite a lot. But the movie was to long and dragged on. I would give it a B- score, much beter than the first ted. That i found totaly boring and only give a D- to so thats that.

Okay so I downloaded this yesterday and gave it a watch. Personally I think it's filled with hilarious moments, granted there are also a lot of misses but some of the jokes were pure genius, especially one mentioning Kardashian and the cocaine joke from the beginning was hysterical and that typical family guy humour.

The plot was the weakest point and the main reason for the lack of interest imo however it was handled better than I thought it would be. Personally my low expectation really helped me enjoy this movie and I can safely say so far it's the funniest movie of the year, yes funnier than Spy and PP2

"I just did a line of coke with some guy in the toilets and I bet you can't even spot him" - I was in stitches at this point.

• Like 1

I actually thought that this wasn't that bad of a sequel lots of funny moments in this one especially Liam Neeson's bit and the weed field with the Jurassic Park theme which fit perfect for that scene in my opinion overall this is on par for me with the original Ted I liked it grade:B(86)

I don't know....maybe it's just me....but i found this one really funny and enjoyable. And dare i say it: On par with the first one.

I saw this on DVD, and it was a pleasant surprise.

It wasn't the semi-rehash as some other people think. Probably it reminded me a bit of The Hangover 2: A sequel that may have some parts that are similar to it's predecessor, but still works as it's own when it does something different & new.

While in the case of Hangover 2, where the Wolfpack had to survive Bangkok in Thailand and be accompanied by a monkey.......Ted 2 does also some things different, which in this case: having a plot about Ted wanting to be treated and respected as a living being and not just as a property and also wanting a child along with his wife, Tammi Lynn.

The old duo of characters like John (played by Mark Wahlberg & Ted (voiced by Seth McFarlene) still works well together as a duo. The new character, Samantha (played by Amanda Seyfried) is given funny things to do here.

It's a shame it didn't do better at the box office.

Despite that, I am very glad that i saw this film, and i would give this a solid A.

A

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1