vc2002

Thursday numbers: RTH IO 9.5,JP4 8.9

Can JW still do 50m this weekend with that Thurs number?

And is it too much to reserve the word 'flop' for the real flops? That or we might as well invent a new word for those since 'flop' is losing it's real meaning here.

New word that fits these cases better than flop? I dont know of a new word but I think 'below (re-newed) expectations' or (especially for JW's case) 'non-mindblowing' would better describe this. Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

New word that fits these cases better than flop? I dont know of a new word but I think 'below expectations' or (especially for JW's case) 'non-mindblowing' would better describe this.

Actually I meant the word that fits the real flop movies better than 'flop'.

As for JW, I know 'below expectation' would be a better word but it's such a boring word term so no one's using it. :lol:  :lol: Non-mindblowing sounds about right though.

That's good then. I just think it's going to be so cool if it can reach 500m by Sunday but oh well... I'm starting to get too greedy for my own good.

Don't worry, its not just you. We're all getting spoiled by these films. We need a few Interstellars and How to train your dragons to get back on track (although i really really hope that doesn't really happen).

Don't worry, its not just you. We're all getting spoiled by these films. We need a few Interstellars and How to train your dragons to get back on track (although i really really hope that doesn't really happen).

You meant HTTYD2 right? I know what you mean. Both movies were among my most favourites last year and they both underperformed DOM for absolutely no f**king reason.

You meant HTTYD2 right? I know what you mean. Both movies were among my most favourites last year and they both underperformed DOM for absolutely no f**king reason.

Yeah I meant HTTYD2. Yeah its like the opposite is happening this year. Movies all over (AoU being the exception) are over-performing whether good or mediocre.

I wouldn't say Interestellar underperformed. It simply didn't reach the high and unrealistic expectatives some had in this forum. It was an original sci-fi and almost reached 200M.

HTTYD2, on the other hand, was an unexpected underperformer despite being a really good sequel to a really loved animated film in a market empty of animated movies. Weird.

• Like 2