Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

So JW still has Japan left.  It's at 1.385 billion.  Looks like it has at least another 100 mill domestically and probably 100 mill internationally without  Japan.  So 1.6 billion looks assured.  Can it hit 1.7 billn?

• Like 1

I did mean more money for Inside Out. JW did a number which is lower than IO's number if Inside Out was below JW than it would have made less money than if it had if it beat JW (which we think it did)

Sorry, but what you originally wrote doesn't line up with what you're trying to say now. Both movies are making less money than projected. Not sure how that is a good thing for either of them.

• Like 1

I did mean more money for Inside Out. JW did a number which is lower than IO's number if Inside Out was below JW than it would have made less money than if it had if it beat JW (which we think it did)

so you'd prefer for example IO as #1 with 10m and JW 9m on the weekend than IO as #2 with 30m? 

Sorry, but what you originally wrote doesn't line up with what you're trying to say now. Both movies are making less money than projected. Not sure how that is a good thing for either of them.

Its good that Inside Out didn't fall harder than it did.

I'm just trying to convey with the people who are upset that IO didn't get second place because they wanted the BFGW record that 1st place equals more money than 2nd place. If JW was first place but had the same number and IO was second than IO would be making less money for itself than it would if it were first place

Its good that Inside Out didn't fall harder than it did.

I'm just trying to convey with the people who are upset that IO didn't get second place because they wanted the BFGW record that 1st place equals more money than 2nd place.

Except it doesn't in this case. Disney projected over $30m in second place and it's ending up at $29.6m in first place. I bet Disney would rather have the extra $500,000 especially with Minions coming Thursday night.

so you'd prefer for example IO as #1 with 10m and JW 9m on the weekend than IO as #2 with 30m?

No I'd rather it be first this weekend than second this weekend because 1st equals more money than 2nd.

Except it doesn't in this case. Disney projected over $30m in second place and it's ending up at $29.6m in first place. I bet Disney would rather have the extra $500,000 especially with Minions coming Thursday night.

I'm not making any kind of comparison to the estimates,

I'm saying if JW's weekend number is locked in stone I would rather Inside Out be ahead of that number than behind that number because behind that number would be less money for Inside Out

it didnt make more money than it's estimates!

I'm not making a comparison to estimates, I'm saying there is a certain number needed for it to beat JW and win the weekend and I would rather it be ahead of that number than behind that number, I never ever said anything about the estimates

I'm not making any kind of comparison to the estimates,

I'm saying if JW's weekend number is locked in stone I would rather Inside Out be ahead of that number than behind that number because behind that number would be less money for Inside Out

Except it jumped ahead and is making less money than either estimate for JP4 or IO. What you mean is you want Inside Out to be #1 even if it means making less money than Disney estimated.

I want CG animated films to take three consecutive weekends... Inside Out/Minions/Minions. I think Minions will edge out Ant-Man the weekend of 7/17. More so, I wanted Guardians to remain the last summer blockbuster release with 4 weekends, albeit not consecutive, at #1.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Except it jumped ahead and is making less money than either estimate for JP4 or IO. What you mean is you want Inside Out to be #1 even if it means making less money than Disney estimated.

No, I'm not talking about estimates at all. Ignore estimates. I'm saying O would rather it be in first than second because first makes more money than second does

Let's say JW's gross is X I would rather IO make more money than X than make less money than X because X is a locked number at whatever it is that JW made and 29. Whatever million is better than say 27 or 26 million

No, I'm not talking about estimates at all. Ignore estimates. I'm saying O would rather it be in first than second because first makes more money than second does

Let's say JW's gross is X I would rather IO make more money than X than make less money than X because X is a locked number at whatever it is that JW made and 29. Whatever million is better than say 27 or 26 million

I think Disney would rather have the extra $500,000 they projected.