Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

If the pace stays the same I'd say 9.7 for JW and 9.1 for IO. But it's early so I wouldn't take much out of that, except that male-driven movies matinee-wise have been holding better than female/family driven ones (Mike's weekend multiplier is gonna be outrageous).

Thanks, Gopher. :)

today could be anything depending on rest day especially eve  for now going with 

IO/JP4 9-10,TG 8-9, MM2 3-4

IO and JW will both do 30M. If Terminator hits the high end today it might do it as well. MM2 LOL.

Edited by CJohn

I guess people got over Magic Mike quite fast.

Waiting three years to do a sequel was just too much time. Should have come out in 2013, IMO. 

Clearly studios don't really care about weekend numbers.

Opening TG and MM on Wednesday hurt these two movies weekend numbers.

Had they opened on Friday they would have rank number 1 and 2 for the weekend.

The studios cared more about making as much money as possible over 5 days since they knew July 4th would suck.

• Like 1

I just started to realize, there hasn't been a single franchise starter in 2015 except for Fifty Shades (supposedly). Kingsman isn't guranteed (but may still happen) and while MMFR and JW will probably get sequels, they still are both the 4th film in their respective franchises.

Looking ahead for the rest of 2015, I don't see too many potential franchise starters. F4 I will count it if it does well, even if it does well I'm not counting on a Pixels 2, Hitman will probably flop, I doubt there will be a Pan 2, Goosebumps does have potential, and there has been some talk of Last Wotch Hunter sequel if it doesn't bomb spectacularly. Peanuts (?) and other than that I don't see any potential franchise starters this year.

I just started to realize, there hasn't been a single franchise starter in 2015 except for Fifty Shades (supposedly). Kingsman isn't guranteed (but may still happen) and while MMFR and JW will probably get sequels, they still are both the 4th film in their respective franchises.

Looking ahead for the rest of 2015, I don't see too many potential franchise starters. F4 I will count it if it does well, even if it does well I'm not counting on a Pixels 2, Hitman will probably flop, I doubt there will be a Pan 2, Goosebumps does have potential, and there has been some talk of Last Wotch Hunter sequel if it doesn't bomb spectacularly. Peanuts (?) and other than that I don't see any potential franchise starters this year.

Pixels is gonna get a sequel after it pulls 400M WW later this month. Sony is desperate for a new franchise and I doubt the movie cost more than 150M. 

Edited by CJohn

I am hearing that people are a little down on Paul Rudd. 

I remember when people were like "why the heck did they pick Robert Downey Jr. for Iron Man?"

Now, he is the only Iron Man I can imagine.

Give him a chance

I mean he is Tommy Doyle and he went up against Michael Myers

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 1

Crimson Peak can be one ...

At Terminator now...time to see if it's as bad as everyone is saying...

I was the usher at my theatre today and the people I talked to actually all said they enjoyed the movie.
  • Like 2