Gopher

Thursday #s- IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4

If it does 'only' 12.5m, 100m won't happen. It's going to lose a lot of theatres in the up coming weeks. :mellow:

Genisys is pacing behind Lone Ranger, which did $89M. Lone Ranger did $11.5M for it's second weekend but was at $71M after said weekend.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

If it[T:G] does 'only' 12.5m, 100m won't happen. It's going to lose a lot of theatres in the up coming weeks. :mellow:

I will not be shocked to see it barely scrape $10m. A 60-65% 2nd weekend drop will not surprise me on Genisys. 

Edited by Captain Craig

DM2 was on a Tuesday rather than Thursday, I think. I wonder if that affected things back then. 

Regardless the number is huge and is proof that, at least this weekend, this is DM3.

The average of DM2's 3-day and 5-day opening is $113m, which is 24 times bigger than its preview opening of $4.7m. If Minions is able to match that, it would hit $149m. I think it will be more frontloaded and end up in the neighborhood of $130m, but something bigger than that is not off the table at all.

I think it'll soften just a bit on Sunday, and wind up at $140 actually.

I'm anxious to see how it does next weekend against Ant Man. We could see some counterprogramming fireworks on the level of JW/IO... if Ant Man is successful, maybe it'll join partners with Minions and basically flatten Pixels and Paper Towns.

I'm anxious to see how it does next weekend against Ant Man. We could see some counterprogramming fireworks on the level of JW/IO... if Ant Man is successful, maybe it'll join partners with Minions and basically flatten Pixels and Paper Towns.

140 would be amazing.

Paper Towns is targeting the one demo which hasn't had any movie specifically targeted to them since Pitch Perfect 2, it will open to around 40M or more IMO.

• Like 1

That preview number makes me a bit nervous... The way I see it, DM2 had a $35M OD from $4.7M in previews. The same ratio for Minions gives it about a $46M OD, which would probably only lead to $115M-120M OW...

Considering how mediocre it is, that would be phenomenal. It's also a spinoff, which makes that number solid.