CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

They have a pretty detailed report embedded in this article that lists all of the film's revenue and costs. The article itself discusses Nolan's profit participation deal: supposedly $20m against 20% of the gross.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/interstellar-profit-box-office-2014-1201389442/

I ve seen it, thx.

That seems incredibly generous to have such a deal.

IO above JW? Wtf

I've got them in a 150k-200k range of each other, though, so things could change. 

Wouldn't be a bad weekend for either. IO passes a MU and a 3x multiplier today, which is a nice "sorry about Minions" consolation. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Minions 45

IO 4.9 

JW 4.7

TG 3.6

Gallows 3.5

Mike 3.4

Self/Less 1.7 OMG

So IO over JW again? WTH.

Sorry thanks for the update, I'm not shooting the messenger. I just don't like how their numbers turn out.

I mean, people kept saying JW would benefit from Minions huge number but it's just isn't the case here. Optimism sucks. From now I'm lowballing to the ground.

Minions apparently received an "A" CinemaScore. :lol:

Yup, but they are blights on culture, wonder how enough people can like it to give it that score. 2.5 multiplier at best.

iEEgspG.png

Edited by grim22

Gallows must be awful...you gotta try hard to not at least get a B- on there.

I've heard nothing but awful things about the film. Apparently it combines the worse elements of modern day horror films and found footage movies. Yikes, sounds awful.

• Like 1

Gallows must be awful...you gotta try hard to not at least get a B- on there.

I'm sure it is awful.  And it also cost only $100K to make which means there will be more like it.  The cycle of shitty low budget horror continues.

• Like 2

Self/Less, another Ryan Reynolds flop.

Can Deadpool break the curse?

I hope so. Not for Reynold's sake but a great R-rated Deadpool movie would be a game changer.

Agreed. As long as Deadpool has a modest budget, say between 80 and 100m, I could actually see it doing fine. I just hope the film itself is good, and Deadpool is well portrayed and in-character.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

Considering more then half of it's audience was probably under the age of 10 years old, it's not really that surprising.

Seems to contradict the notion it will have shit legs. If the little kids love it, they will tell their friends and their friends will drag their parents to see it as well. Plus the first round of kids will probably want to see it again and drag their parents to it again (even if the parents didn't like it, lol).

• Like 3

i cannot fanthom anyone hating on those cute little squishy i-want-to hug-one-so bad cuz he's just so loveable .....stuartttttttttttttttttttttt

i'll check out toyR'us this weekend i need to find my perfect STUART to buy , that one eye little charmer!!!!

MINIONS CAME.  MINIONS SAW. MINIONS CONQUERED , Thus was born the republic of BANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

37cf9474f4eaf5c7da06da308b79deed.jpg?dd=

• Like 5