#ED

Weekend Actuals: Minions - 115.72M, JW - 18.15M, IO - 17.67M

You said "since June 21st" meaning including June 21st. 

Sorry I should have phrased that better.

Actually if you include the 21st, the total difference between the two is almost the same it just flips from IO having more revenue to JW.

Really impressive runs by both.

Sorry I should have phrased that better.

Actually if you include the 21st, the total difference between the two is almost the same it just flips from IO having more revenue to JW.

Really impressive runs by both.

Yes, indeed. I do hope they continue to be close until the end of their runs. That would be amazing. 

We'll see how it goes. Terminator's theater count increased by 25 last weekend. It's about to get whacked in that department now that the standard "2-week guarantee" for big studio movies is done.

Of course it will, I expect it to lose 1,100 to 1,200 screens this weekend. With Max and Jurassic World probably losing close to 1,000 and possibly Inside Out losing a few hundred. Just like Spy, Ted 2 and Magic Mike XXL will also take a big hit for Trainwreck as well. Still 2,500 plus screens is still plenty. Especially since a chunk of those will be IMAX and 3D screens. That probably a lot of people  at this point, weren't seeing it in those in those formats anyways.

Edited by gb0708

Will we get Monday estimates tonight? Rth and Gopher, I'm looking at you.

Here's my bias-free BO reporting--

Minions -78% 

IO -33%

JW -89% 

(but actually yes)

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Of course it will, I expect it to lose 1,100 to 1,200 screens this weekend. With Max and Jurassic World probably losing close to 1,000 and possibly Inside Out losing a few hundred. Just like Spy, Ted 2 and Magic Mike XXL will also take a big hit for Trainwreck as well. Still 2,500 plus screens is still plenty. Especially since a chunk of those will be IMAX and 3D screens. That probably a lot of people  at this point, weren't seeing it in those in those formats anyways.

All IMAX theaters go to Ant-Man this weekend. 

It is losing all North American IMAX screens to Ant-Man this weekend.

Wait, what? -78%? -89%? These can't be true.

That was a joke! Sorry if it was a bad one (that happens from time to time). 

lol, maybe BOM will have actuals up by tomorrow.

I don't know how accurate my estimates can be if I can't access the real Sunday #s :(

Edited by Gopher

Top 3 for the Weekend in the UK:

1. Minions

2. JW

3. Ted 2

Universal lol...

Yeah UPI holds record in both UK/AUS for 1st time distributor held top 3 places for weekend, In the case of AUS held it twice, 1st time back in 2012 (Which is record 1st time ever) with believe it or not Battleship, Lorax & Am Reunion also for the full week as well, then again in Jun with Jworld,Ted2, Minions (IO was 4th that weekend)

Edited by rthandhisMinions
  • Like 1

Awesome for Top-3.

For Minions, I am predicting:

Mon-Thurs 52-54

Fri-Sun 50-52 (220m cume)

Mon-Thurs 26-28

Fri-Sun 27-29 (275m cume)

and 4x multiplier thereafter for 360m finish.

JW should also get 4x multiplier for 645m finish.

IO should get a bit better multiplier. 350m requires 4.7x multiplier which isn't impossible. TS3 got 4.6x multiplier from its 4th weekend.

Very close to what am predicting too! Except I think Minions' 2nd weekend maybe slightly better - 55 or 57 mill