#ED

Weekend Actuals: Minions - 115.72M, JW - 18.15M, IO - 17.67M

• Like 3

Excellent hold for IO, it almost managed to sneak past JW for the weekend, the FRI-SUN splits are so interesting

FRI IO 5.469 JW 5.419

SAT IO 6.957 JW 7.432

SUN IO 5.238 JW 5.299

FRI and SUN they were less than 60K apart both days. once again Saturday was the difference maker for JW.

Since June 21st the totals by the 2 films are

IO 193,755,828

JW 187,889,530

it's amazing to me they have stayed that close for over 3 weeks now.

With Ant Man and Trainwrecked coming out next week it wouldn't surprise me to see IO jump ever so slightly ahead of JW next weekend as I could see those hitting JW just slightly harder.

Very impressive for both films.

IO will pass MI on tuesday and Up on either Wednesday or Thursday and cross $300M next weekend.

I have no love for Minions, but a very impressive opening. Looking forward to seeing how leggy it is. Don't mind it not passing S3 as why replace one weak animated film with another in the record book. At some point it will go down, just not quite yet i guess.

Edited by RamblinRed
  • Like 2

Is it possible for Terminator to be at 85m through next weekend?

It's a bit of a stretch, but it's possible. I'm guessing weekdays around 7-8m, weekend around 6-7m.... it'd come up a couple mil short with that so it needs to do slightly better than that in order to hit the target.

It's a bit of a stretch, but it's possible. I'm guessing weekdays around 7-8m, weekend around 6-7m.... it'd come up a couple mil short with that so it needs to do slightly better than that in order to hit the target.

Stop making them believe 100M is gonna happen :lol: It isn't. 

• Like 2

Awesome for Top-3.

For Minions, I am predicting:

Mon-Thurs 52-54

Fri-Sun 50-52 (220m cume)

Mon-Thurs 26-28

Fri-Sun 27-29 (275m cume)

and 4x multiplier thereafter for 360m finish.

JW should also get 4x multiplier for 645m finish.

IO should get a bit better multiplier. 350m requires 4.7x multiplier which isn't impossible. TS3 got 4.6x multiplier from its 4th weekend.

Awesome for Top-3.

For Minions, I am predicting:

Mon-Thurs 52-54

Fri-Sun 50-52 (220m cume)

Mon-Thurs 26-28

Fri-Sun 27-29 (275m cume)

and 4x multiplier thereafter for 360m finish.

JW should also get 4x multiplier for 645m finish.

IO should get a bit better multiplier. 350m requires 4.7x multiplier which isn't impossible. TS3 got 4.6x multiplier from its 4th weekend.

You mean 3x multiplier for Minions right? Will be lucky to do even that the film is just plain boring.