grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

the live action remake thing won't last forever. Once Aladdin and Lion King and after Mulan I guess (which should do really well in China) what other properties are there they can remake and make big numbers? Can't think of many

Maybe The Black Cauldron if the make it well. After that, well, they'll think of something to make, as they did with Pete's Dragon. But I am excited for the time when they aren't making as many Live-Action fairy tale films and Star Wars films, because that might make way for a little more originality with their products. We'll see.

• Like 1

If in the future Disney wants a franchise, they could perhaps make a remake of Treasure Planet or Atlantis and improve on those movies, perhaps a Pirates like tone, and give them great marketing

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

If in the future Disney wants a franchise, they could perhaps make a remake of Treasure Planet or Atlantis and improve on those movies, perhaps a Pirates like tone, and give them great marketing

Treasure Planet, one of the first films I saw in theaters, had an idea with a lot of potential. I remember liking it a lot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James said:

- Captain Marvel (250M) 200M

- Dumbo (300M) 250M

- Avengers 4 (500M) 450M

- Aladdin (500M) 300M

- Toy Story 4 (400M) 350M

- The Lion King (600M) 550M

- Frozen 2 (400M) 400M

- Episode 9 (900M) About 550m till the end of the year.

So a bit over 3B imo. Fantastic either way.

- Captain Marvel (250M) 200M  --> The only Marvel/Disney MCU movie under 200M dom is Ant-Man. Besides, there's that "women superhero lead movie hype" created by WW success. 200M is very very very conservative. Even my 250M prediction i think is conservative, having a chance to get close to 300M

- Dumbo (300M) 250M --> As somebody said, Dumbo is a wild card, can bomb either way, 400M or 150M. But Dumbo imo is one of those "nostalgia movies" so it can do TJB and go beyond 300M. 

- Avengers 4 (500M) 450M --> Avengers 1 (623M) Avengers 2 (459M), Avengers 2,5 (408M). We'll have to wait and see what Avengers 3 make, but Avengers 4, being the end of the actual Avengers group and the introduction to the New Avengers (with Guardians and so...) ... can't see it being the lowest amongst all Avengers movies, honestly. 

- Aladdin (500M) 300M --> 300M mark in the second weekend you mean? BATB reached that mark on the 10th day of release. Aladdin is as beloved and successful as BATB and TLK. Don't see any of those below 500M. 

- Toy Story 4 (400M) 350M --> Every TS movie has increased it's previous installment dom bo. Why the last TS movie will break that progression? TS4 will be the last TS movie, confirmed by Disney/Pixar and Disney knows how to create hype when they want a movie to succeed and with TS4 be sure they will by all their means. 

- The Lion King (600M) 550M --> Yeah, could be even 500M, but that's the floor for it. TLK imo is the most beloved Disneytoons movie ever. If that "live-action-cgi-remake" doesn't reach the 600M, none will. 

- Frozen 2 (400M) 400M --> Right? XD

- Episode 9 (900M) About 550m till the end of the year. --> Episode 7 made 652M in 14 days, RO made 408M in 16 days. Episode 9 will have only 12 days. 550M sounds plausible, but being the ending of the trilogy could go higher ... or not. 

30 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Captain Marvel - 260M

Dumbo - 140M

Avengers - wait for Infinity War #'s

Aladdin - 320M

Toy Story 4 - 350M

Lion King - 550M

Frozen 2 - 450M

Episode 9 - less than whatever TLJ does

Why do you think Dumbo will bomb that much? Not even 200M

Aladdin only 320? TJB made 365M and Aladdin is much beloved imo. Don't see it less than 400M, but I keep thinking 500M will be the floor for Aladdin (as it is for BATB and will be for Lion King). Anything below 500sM for Aladdin and TLK will mean a bit of a disappointment for me. 

TS3 made 425M. Why will the last TS film, the film closing definitely the saga, loose 75M? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Why do you think Dumbo will bomb that much? Not even 200M

Cinderella only barely squeezed past 200M, why would Dumbo go higher?

10 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

TS3 made 425M. Why will the last TS film, the film closing definitely the saga, loose 75M? 

Cause it's not a necessary sequel in the slightest.  TS3 wrapped everything up pretty neatly and I think the film will decrease as a result.

For those of you saying that Disney is overbooking the 2019 summer with so many blockbusters ...

- May 3, Avengers 4. It will have 3 full weeks (and weekends) with no other Disney competition. 

- May 24, Aladdin. It will have 4 full weeks (and weekends) till TS4

- June 21, Toy Story 4. It will have 4 full weeks (and weekends) till TLK

- July 19, end of july and all august (summer) to make as much money as it can. 

Obviously they will compete with other studios blockbusters. 

Let's see how much bo these kind of movies make in their 21 days of release:

- Toy Story 3: 76% of dom bo on day 21 (3 weeks), 84% on day 28 (4 weeks).

- Beauty and the Beast: 80% on day 21, 87% on day 28.

- The Jungle Book: 72% on day 21, 80% on day 28.

- Avengers 1: 77% on day 21, 85% on day 28.

- Avengers 2: 83% on day 21, 90% on day 28.

So, all those movies will have already made around 80% of their bo when the next Disney movie releases. I think it's a good figure, and besides they leave make more difficult for other studio's movies to succeed. I think Disney wants to make 2019 their year, and make it as historical as possible in bo terms so no one can equal it in decades. Kind of "let's see who's got the biggest" lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Cinderella only barely squeezed past 200M, why would Dumbo go higher?

Cinderella has been a very recurrent story ever since, with many movies on the same "storyline", toons, real action movies, B-grade movies, tv-movies, tv-shows ... so not a big novelty except for the fact of being Disney itself making the real-action one based on their own original toon movie. 

That's not the Dumbo scenario. It's not been used at all since the original (or i don't recall it).

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Cause it's not a necessary sequel in the slightest.  TS3 wrapped everything up pretty neatly and I think the film will decrease as a result.

How a TS4 is not gonna be a sequel to TS3? Also, Disney/Pixar confirmed it is gonna be the very last TS film. So think they will give TS4 an even more wrapped up end to the story. Pixar don't do bad stories at all. Even the worst Pixar story is way better than than 90% of any other studios' animation stories. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

- May 3, Avengers 4. It will have 3 full weeks (and weekends) with no other Disney competition. 

- May 24, Aladdin. It will have 4 full weeks (and weekends) till TS4

- June 21, Toy Story 4. It will have 4 full weeks (and weekends) till TLK

- July 19, end of july and all august (summer) to make as much money as it can. 

Avengers 4 no matter what will be massively frontloaded.

Aladdin can do $400M+ but it has competition. It has Minecraft on OW, Pets and an X Men movie the next weekend, and a DCEU movie the week after next.

Toy Story 4 to many seems like an unnecessary sequel given the end of TS3. Not to mention there's competition from TF6 and CNV the next weekend and then Homecoming 2.

I'll give you Lion King though.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John Marston said:

the live action remake thing won't last forever. Once Aladdin and Lion King and after Mulan I guess (which should do really well in China) what other properties are there they can remake and make big numbers? Can't think of many

Lady and the Trump Tramp (my bad XD)

Bambi 

a proper Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (based on the original Disney toon movie)

same for Pinocchio

same for Sleeping Beauty

the original Wizard of Oz

The Aristocats

The Fox and the Hound

The Black Cauldron

¿Fantasia? That could make an interesting visual movie in real-action.

¿The Rescuers?

And after those movies, came the second big animation era for Disney, starting with The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc. which are already being cgi'ed. 

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 1

You guys know Disney is going to make a Aladdin live action trilogy, right?

Aladdin has the most potential for multiple files because the end of the first film left things open for further adventures unlike Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid.

Hopefully the sequel will be better than Return of Jafar though, that sucked.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

You guys know Disney is going to make a Aladdin live action trilogy, right?

Aladdin has the most potential for multiple files because the end of the first film left things open for further adventures unlike Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid.

Hopefully the sequel will be better than Return of Jafar though, that sucked.

They were thinking originally on a prequel telling the story of how the Genie ended trapped in the lamp. 

About a sequel, there were two of them: The Return of Jaffar, and Aladdin and the king of the thieves (Alibaba). They could make decent sequels, but i think the Genies prequel with Will Smith as main role could be big. 

- Dumbo (300M) 250M

- Aladdin (500M) 300M

- Toy Story 4 (400M) 350M

- The Lion King (600M) 550M

- Frozen 2 (400M) 400M

Releasing these 5 particular films the same year would be pretty stupid.

One, possibly two, movie will move.

38 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am lost , when is the release date of Mulan ?

2018 ?

2020 ?

I thought it was 2019.

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Mulan hasn't been cast yet - Aladdin, Dumbo and I think TLK are already filming.  Maybe 2020

Mulan and The Nutcracker and The Four Realms are dated on Nov 2 2018, but one of them will obviously move. And it might be Mulan, since The Nutcracker has already been casted (Keira Knightley, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren) and has promotional images, while Mulan doesn't even have an official cast.