grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

On 08/08/2017 at 0:37 AM, Arlborn said:

I'm easy, that true but I very rarely watch(almost never really) movies that I have the feeling I will dislike, that's a big reason why I tend to enjoy most of what I watch.

Besides some great exceptions I stay well clear of horror, for example. I doubt I'll be watching IT, something the forum is very much looking forward to.

Anyways I can say I loved 6 movies I watched this year out of 17 and King Arthur became one of them after a rewatch.

We're pretty much the same :) Never disappointed, I watch a limited number of movies and only the ones I'm sure to like :)

14 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Damn...this movie is shaping up to be the hottest assemblage of brown men in a long time.

Also...wow, the hotness that is Jafar is just...not...healthy(?)

This comment from a Buzzfeed user sums it up well:

"Me: Damn, Jafar out here lookin like an 8 course meal

9 year old me to me: ...he's the villain! We hate him! He kidnaps Jasmin!

Me: lucky bitch...

9 year old me to me: why are you like this?"

It is cool that they got an attractive mofo to play Jafar. The original film received criticism for basing Aladdin's look off the Caucasian Tom Cruise while exaggerated ethnic features were assigned to the villainous baddie. So castings for both hero and villain have neatly sidestepped that issue. ^_^ 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hades said:

Starting to think this will open November 2019 replacing Frozen 2 which may be delayed. 

Yeah, this seems destined to take either that Thanksgiving or Christmas slot Disney has already taken. This gonna be massive either way.

Edited by filmlover

I do not think it will do as well as TLK (nothing will) because now stories like that are....not a dime a dozen, but a lot more common. I didn't think Mulan was so far removed from the public conscious or Aladdin so exalted. Beloved, yes, but not like #2 to Lion King's #1.

I bet 90% of Disney fans could sing I'll Make a Man Out of You perfectly as opposed to Friend Like Me.

On 9/7/2017 at 6:55 AM, YourMother said:

Will Iago and Abu be in this?

I'd be surprised if they weren't, considering how faithful these live action Disney films have been.  Both would probably be CGI with Abu just making monkey noises (hopefully provided by Frank Welker), & Iago voiced by some well-known actor (maybe Gilbert Gottfried can return?).

Edited by Fancyarcher

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'd be surprised if they weren't, considering how faithful these live action Disney films have been. Both would probably be CGI with Abu just making monkey noises (hopefully provided by Frank Welker), & Iago voiced by some well-known actor (maybe Gilbert Gottfried can return?).

They'll get a famous comic actor like Aziz Ansari for Iago if they include him.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They'll get a famous comic actor like Aziz Ansari for Iago if they include him.

That'll probably be it, but I do find it odd that they haven't cast an actor for Iago yet. Sorta, makes me wonder if they are including him. I don't think Jafar works quite as well without Iago

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

That'll probably be it, but I do find it odd that they haven't cast an actor for Iago yet. Sorta, makes me wonder if they are including him. I don't think Jafar works quite as well without Iago

Well, looking at who they got to play Jafar, it looks like they're gonna take some liberties with the character in this version lol. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, looking at who they got to play Jafar, it looks like they're gonna take some liberties with the character in this version lol. 

"Jafar is too handsome to have a full-talking parrot by his side now, you see". If Iago isn't in this film, then oh well, but I'm gonna miss his presence, if that's true.

Edited by Fancyarcher

23 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'd be surprised if they weren't, considering how faithful these live action Disney films have been.  Both would probably be CGI with Abu just making monkey noises (hopefully provided by Frank Welker), & Iago voiced by some well-known actor (maybe Gilbert Gottfried can return?).

They might just make Iago a human character and save on the expense. Abu could easily be cut as well and replaced with Aladdin's friends who were cut from the animated film but are in the stage version.

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They might just make Iago a human character and save on the expense. Abu could easily be cut as well and replaced with Aladdin's friends who were cut from the animated film but are in the stage version.

They haven't cast anyone to play Iago though, so I reckon he might not be in it. As for Abu, I wouldn't mind Aladdin's friends, but I'd much prefer the monkey to be in the film, if I'm being honest. I think he gives Aladdin a good partner to play off. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

They haven't cast anyone to play Iago though, so I reckon he might not be in it. As for Abu, I wouldn't mind Aladdin's friends, but I'd much prefer the monkey to be in the film, if I'm being honest.

They could have both Abu and the three friends. I think given it's Guy Ritchie, having Aladdin with his friends would make sense. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They could have both Abu and the three friends. I think given it's Guy Ritchie, having Aladdin with his friends would make sense. 

Yeah that would probably work well. The friends would probably only play a minor role in the film nonetheless, but they would be in the streets during the first act. He did befriend / meet a lot of people during his "one step" number in the original, after all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

So you are afraid to take a chance occasionally?

That is really sad.....

No, that just means my wallet is not unlimited and that I have other hobbies.

And by the way, being able to know for sure what you like and what you don't like is a quality 👍