grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Haha, I guess you haven't actually seen any of these Disney live action versions of the animated films then? You'd know not to expect anything fresh by this point.

Believe me, I loathe Disney's attitude with these things and don't think they should exist, so I'm not disagreeing. 

The fact that Mulan, the one time Disney is actually doing something fresh with one of their "properties" (I know Disney doesn't own Hua Mulan, but I don't know how else to word it), is being hated on by Disney fans and the Internet in general because it's daring to do things differently infuriates me to no end.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

The fact that Mulan, the one time Disney is actually doing something fresh with one of their "properties" (I know Disney doesn't own Hua Mulan, but I don't know how else to word it), is being hated on by Disney fans and the Internet in general because it's daring to do things differently infuriates me to no end.

I think Disney is focusing on China for that one cause apparently Chinese people hated the original at the time

Looks like Ritchie is going from one exteme to the other;He threw out all the traditional elements with "Arthur" and is going for slavish imitation of the original with "Aladdin". It's like when it comes to fantasy he can't find that sweet spot of respecting the tradtitional elements but bringing something new to the table.

I have not liked anything Ritchie has done for a long time;I doubt this will change my mind. I liked him when he was doing fun,inventive crime thrillers, but don't like his big budget work. Just shows what being married to Madonna will do to man.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

This does at least have more potential to offer something different from the animated version than TLK. That film is death, they are going to literally shot for shot most of it. 

And I don't consider a film where the charecters are almost all CGI to be a "live action" film anyway.

I am not one of these over the top Disney haters and consider their antics to be silly, but at times I can see where they are coming from...

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

:lol:

Naomi Scott was doing "stand up for yourself" feisty shtick in Power Rangers and was bland af, everyone except even blander male lead upstaged her. She must have a really good agent cause she was in competition for Qi'ra in Solo and, despite barely any resume, she's sought after for leading roles in big movies. Gives me Orlando Bloom vibe. 

Bollywood numbers should be fun though what they have to do with Arab culture is a big question mark. :lol:

Well, the movie specifically says it's in Arabia, but Arabia understood like the region from north Africa to north India, like a full region, not the actual Saudi Arabia boundaries. In fact, despite being in "arabia", the city is called Agraba and the Sultan's palace is a copy of Taj Mahal, that monument in India's northern city of Agra... so, I think the Bollywood numbers will fit perfectly in the movie. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This does at least have more potential to offer something different from the animated version than TLK. That film is death, they are going to literally shot for shot most of it. 

Yeah, it's more or less a 700M dom death. Or a 1.5B ww death. Whatever suits you best. 

18 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

I knew a Guy Ritchie musical was too good to be true.

Fuck this movie btw

Have faith in Ritchie man, I'm sure he won't let us down.

At least wait for a trailer, he deserves it from you.

14 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Well, the movie specifically says it's in Arabia, but Arabia understood like the region from north Africa to north India, like a full region, not the actual Saudi Arabia boundaries. In fact, despite being in "arabia", the city is called Agraba and the Sultan's palace is a copy of Taj Mahal, that monument in India's northern city of Agra... so, I think the Bollywood numbers will fit perfectly in the movie. 

Ah, OK. In that case it makes sense. :) Thanks. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1