grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Lion King's trailer should be out by the time Dumbo arrives. Also, Frozen 2 will have its teaser (it was stated on Twitter that marketing will begin in March). So they need to get on the ball with Aladdin before things get flooded. It really needs to be this month. Oscars I guess.

11 hours ago, Neucentro said:

Maybe we won't get a new trailer until before Dumbo opens?

Or maybe Captain Marvel, as it can be one of the attachments to the film since Far From Home doesn’t count.

• Like 1

They can't possibly be waiting until March for ALL trailers (except SW9). Even the TS4 "spot" was not a trailer. Hardly even a teaser.

They'll have to have a full length trailer for SOMETHING this month. Aladdin needs something. Confidence for this film is sinking lower and lower. Starting to feel like Solo-level marketing.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jedijake said:

They can't possibly be waiting until March for ALL trailers (except SW9). Even the TS4 "spot" was not a trailer. Hardly even a teaser.

They'll have to have a full length trailer for SOMETHING this month. Aladdin needs something. Confidence for this film is sinking lower and lower. Starting to feel like Solo-level marketing.

My guess is the Oscars and a trailer with Captain Marvel since other than Avengers: Endgame it has no attachments.

That’s sort of the problem with Disney’s marketing nowadays. They don’t have enough to market each film to the fullest potential when they put another big blockbuster every 3 weeks. It happened in 2017 with Thor, Coco and Jedi, arguably Coco paled in marketing compared to the former two and maybe would’ve done better due to circumstances (no $100M+ family film since DM3). It’s going to be especially hard in the summer season when they have to juggle Endgame, Aladdin, TS4 and TLK. One or maybe two or those films will get the short end of the stick marketing wise, and for the Aladdin and TS4, a heavily competitive family market with films like Detective Pikachu and Pets 2 (and in a lesser extent Far From Home), that’s going to hurt these films potential the most. 

In my eyes this year for Disney, for every overperformer, we’ll get an underperformer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

My guess is the Oscars and a trailer with Captain Marvel since other than Avengers: Endgame it has no attachments.

That’s sort of the problem with Disney’s marketing nowadays. They don’t have enough to market each film to the fullest potential when they put another big blockbuster every 3 weeks. It happened in 2017 with Thor, Coco and Jedi, arguably Coco paled in marketing compared to the former two and maybe would’ve done better due to circumstances (no $100M+ family film since DM3). It’s going to be especially hard in the summer season when they have to juggle Endgame, Aladdin, TS4 and TLK. One or maybe two or those films will get the short end of the stick marketing wise, and for the Aladdin and TS4, a heavily competitive family market with films like Detective Pikachu and Pets 2 (and in a lesser extent Far From Home), that’s going to hurt these films potential the most. 

In my eyes this year for Disney, for every overperformer, we’ll get an underperformer. 

They should've saved some of these movies for 2020. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Solo had same release date as Aladdin and first trailer was during Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

They should've saved some of these movies for 2020. 

Agreed. Disney doesn't have an Avengers or Star Wars movie in 2020. They should have saved The Lion King to be their main event next year.

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

They should honestly delay this until next year and move Mulan to Thanksgiving. But idk what would take the Memorial Day spot... John Wick? 

Moving it back a year and reshooting lots? Would be expensive and probably not worth it. Better to just get it out of the way, be done with it, and move on.

every brand / series has a misfire every now and again.

Even Marvel MCU had one flop. They moved on.

Edited by Avatree

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Aladdin won't flop. Should do well overseas

This^^^, it may under perform domestically (say $210M-$250M) but there’s more than enough room overseas, where I can see something like $600M-$700M.

24 minutes ago, DAJK said:

They should honestly delay this until next year and move Mulan to Thanksgiving. But idk what would take the Memorial Day spot... John Wick? 

Godzilla: KOTM could work there or John Wick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

@John Marston @Alli @YourMother the Edgelord

you guys sure sound confident in this film. I wonder why Disney doesn't seem confident then?

Overseas wise only, admittedly my $600M-$700M OS is a bit too optimistic more like $500M-$600M OS, domestically I think its a Solo waiting to happening, and a good chance at sub $200M besides I’ve been saying Aladdin was going to underperform for a while now.

• Like 1