grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Unlike Solo, this movie already have a trailer, the trailer views are great, this is a family movie and it did good in test screenings, so i really don’t get these Solo comparissons. We still have almost 4 months until Aladdin release, they could drop the second trailer in the end of February and will be a good timing.

Personally i dont’t think the movie will be a smash in US, especially with so much competition, but will do good enough (i’m expecting $ 230-250M dom), and it has something that Solo didn’t, overseas appeal.

This could do $ 200M dom and still will have a good shot in $ 800M worldwide.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neucentro said:

I too think it will do well domestically if it stays family-friendly and does not deviate too much from people's perception of Aladdin's magical world.

that's why I think Disney has been hiding so much. I bet the Genie looks awful and they have no idea how to fix it. When they release trailer aladdin will get laughed out of the room. Or maybe they will just avoid showing Genie at all until release day of the movie. Who knows.

It's Disney. It's Aladdin, which is a very loved film. No matter what some detractors of the net may be saying, this is going to make bank, maybe not Lion King style bank, but it's going to do well. Said detractors said the same thing about Beauty and the Beast and it still made a billion worldwide.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Disney needs to be more flexible with their release dates IMO.

I'm thinking about $700M to $800M for Aladdin with a Domestic Total close to $200M. But wouldn't be surprised if this joins the other Disney Memorial Day disappointments. 

They could have released in October since there's always a huge gap between Disney releases in August and November.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It's Disney. It's Aladdin, which is a very loved film. No matter what some detractors of the net may be saying, this is going to make bank, maybe not Lion King style bank, but it's going to do well. Said detractors said the same thing about Beauty and the Beast and it still made a billion worldwide.

not happening to MPR tho....

MPR never had a solid target audience. That's one movie I always scratched my head about when people predicted crazy numbers.

FTR, Beauty and the Beast's first trailer (full trailer) came out in November, 2016. That was 4 months before the film. Then it had its second FULL trailer in January, 2017, 2 months before release. With that in mind, I have NO doubt a full trailer for Aladdin is coming THIS month, probably within the next 2-3 weeks.

Aladdin competition first 10 weekends

(have included first 3 weekends of potentially mega openers and first 2 of lesser but formidable ones)

Aladdin ow, Pikachu 3rd weekend

Aladdin 2nd weekend, Godzilla2 ow

Aladdin 3rd weekend, SLOP2 ow, Dark Phoenix ow, Godzilla2 2nd weekend

Aladdin 4th weekend, MIB4 ow, SLOP2 2nd weekend, Dark Phoenix 2nd weekend

Aladdin 5th weekend, TS4 ow, MIB4 2nd weekend, SLOP2 3rd weekend

Aladdin 6th weekend, TS4 2nd weekend

Aladdin 7th weekend, SMH ow, TS4 3rd weekend

Aladdin 8th weekend, SMH 2nd weekend

Aladdin 9th weekend, SMH 3rd weekend

Aladdin 10th weekend, TLK ow

There are other movies like 47 Meters Down : Uncaged that will  also compete for screen space and audience. Under 150 wouldn't shock me, while am expecting under 175.

Edit: I was talking dom :lol: I found that so obvious that didn't specify it. Folks are really thinking 150 4-day? Potc finale this is not, 2019's Solo this is :yoda:.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, a2k said:

Aladdin competition first 10 weekends

(have included first 3 weekends of potentially mega openers and first 2 of lesser but formidable ones)

Aladdin ow, Pikachu 3rd weekend

Aladdin 2nd weekend, Godzilla2 ow

Aladdin 3rd weekend, SLOP2 ow, Dark Phoenix ow, Godzilla2 2nd weekend

Aladdin 4th weekend, MIB4 ow, SLOP2 2nd weekend, Dark Phoenix 2nd weekend

Aladdin 5th weekend, TS4 ow, MIB4 2nd weekend, SLOP2 3rd weekend

Aladdin 6th weekend, TS4 2nd weekend

Aladdin 7th weekend, SMH ow, TS4 3rd weekend

Aladdin 8th weekend, SMH 2nd weekend

Aladdin 9th weekend, SMH 3rd weekend

Aladdin 10th weekend, TLK ow

There are other movies like 47 Meters Down : Uncaged that will  also compete for screen space and audience. Under 150 wouldn't shock me, while am expecting under 175.

Are you talking about OW or domestic? Because if you are talking about domestic, that is pure trolling. How do you even get to such low numbers? What is your predicted OW in that scenario? There's no way it will get less than $150 million by its SECOND weekend!

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1