BadAtGender

Thursday #s: Twinkies 9.4, THE FEELS 2.2, Featherless Beasts 1.9 (rth) (page 3)

It's not fudge when every studio does it and it's literally how they report double feature grosses for every film.

Yeah, the meaning of fudge gets lost when you start using it for things that are not fudge at all.

Save it for Paramount's Puerto Ricos, double features aren't fudge.

Edited by JennaJ

Yeah, the meaning of fudge gets lost when you start using it for things that are not fudge at all.

Save it for Paramount's Puerto Ricos, double features aren't fudge.

It is fraudulent accounting though. Whole industry does it so I wouldn't refer to it as fudge, but it is cheating. lol

It is fraudulent accounting though. Whole industry does it so I wouldn't refer to it as fudge, but it is cheating. lol

Is it the same when it's two different studios? I thought in that case they do split the profit.

Is it the same when it's two different studios? I thought in that case they do split the profit.

Even in that case it is still cheating. When 99% of the people are there to see one film and both films get half the revenue, the "lol" meter goes off the charts. But I'm glad to see it for JP4 this week. Last week Inside Out was playing with Minions at my local drive-in. Maybe JP4 will get more of a boost from Ant-Man than it did from Minions.

http://www.bigskytheatre.com/index.php/component/nowshowing/?Itemid=102

Even in that case it is still cheating. When 99% of the people are there to see one film and both films get half the revenue, the "lol" meter goes off the charts. But I'm glad to see it for JP4 this week. Last week Inside Out was playing with Minions at my local drive-in. Maybe JP4 will get more of a boost from Ant-Man than it did from Minions.

http://www.bigskytheatre.com/index.php/component/nowshowing/?Itemid=102

Actually, each film for reporting purposes gets 100% of the gross each.

Actually, each film for reporting purposes gets 100% of the gross each.

So then they report money they didn't actually make? As in, they get half of the reported earning in this case.

That's definitely some shady accounting, but when I see "fudge" it feels like something the studio does on purpose for a specific movie. If that's the way it is for every double feature ever, regardless of the movies, regardless of the studio, than IMHO that's not fudge.

Edited by JennaJ