WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

I don't like my comps. Matinees are a bit behind Spy but I expect nights to do way better. I think it's much more likely to increase than decrease.

I remember IO last week was only at $4M only to rose to $5M (20% behind Thursday in matinees but surged well at night).

Thanks for clarification. 

Comedies probably tend to be more nighttime movies so the sample data might not be all that representative of what the night will look like.

I've seen a lot of night showings that are almost full or sold out for TW. Spy fell apart at night because that was the type of movie that did well during the day because it skewed much older (Melissa McCarthy has a lot of older fans than Schumer).

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11

Just a question - why in the past few weeks have Gopher's numbers been respected like Rth's? Is Gopher a professional?

He has access to the numbers. It's not a blind prediction.

Edited by JennaJ

Damn, that would be a 80% increase for JP4.

And 70% for IO.. wouldn't want to put too much faith in either number but I have to satisfy the JW/Pixar hordes.

I leave you guys in Rth's (more capable) hands! I'm probably out the rest of the day.

• Like 3