grim22

The Emoji Movie | Sony Pictures Animation | July 28 2017 | Reviews coming in, more entertaining to read those than watch the movie. Current consensus: " 🎥 ➡️ 💩💩💩💩"

I just read what seems to be like the only funny (and somewhat dirty ) joke in there from someone who saw it early but would it be a spoiler?

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, MrGamer2558 said:

With the rumors of them losing the Bond distribution rights, it's only going to get worse. 

Yep. They've got to do whatever it takes to retain those rights. However, if what it takes involves them getting a really shitty deal in the process - I believe the deal they had was already pretty bad for them - then maybe they should just bite the bullet, as hard as that may be. 

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Well good news for the makers of Nut Job 2 the bar has been lowered.

I could be wrong but it seems like overall it's been a pretty crappy year for animation. 

At this rate, Lego Bats should have a lock on a nomination...I'm not sure there will be a summer animated movie nominee - maybe CU...

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

Well good news for the makers of Nut Job 2 the bar has been lowered.

I could be wrong but it seems like overall it's been a pretty crappy year for animation. 

Lego Batman and Cars 3 were good, if not exactly classics.

I gotta admit, the terrible reviews for this have me more interested in checking this out now than if it had just gotten mediocre reviews like I expected. Everything about this feels like such an obvious rip-off of both Wreck-It Ralph and The Lego Movie at the same time.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

At this rate, Lego Bats should have a lock on a nomination...I'm not sure there will be a summer animated movie nominee - maybe CU...

Odds are it'll be:

- Coco 

- a Lego Movie (which to its advantage might get nominated since every other mainstream animated film is not best picture worthy)

- an indie

- another indie

- maybe CU

• Like 2

Sony profit on the bond franchise between 2008-2018 (they do not have home video or tv, so the revenue source stop really fast)

Quantum of Solace: 22.65m

Skyfall: 57.3m

Spectre: Was expected to do around 40m with that performance.

Around 120m in 10 year's, 12m a year's type of franchise for them.

The Grown Ups Adam Sandler franchise between 2010 and 2014

Grown up: 71 

Grown up 2: 49.9m

Around 120m in less than 5 year's and investing not nearly as much money. Arguably loosing Sandler to Netflix, year's of Lord&Miller, Edgar Wright and the Russos brothers to Disney were bigger blow to Sony than if they loose Bonds to someone else.

Those movie are extremely safe but they give good ROI of 15+% at a box office of like 1.7 billion worldwide for them.

• Like 2