grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Dunno if anyone brought it up, but Magic Mike: XXL just went over 100m on a 15m budget. It will likely make 10x it's budget. That's some pure prophit for WB.

Its marketing cost probably cost more than the movie itself, so I doubt its made much profit, if any at all.

• Like 1

If MARVEL has peaked like you claim, then INFINITY WAR Part 1 an 2 is doomed by your logic and that couldn't be further from the truth.. Same goes for CIVIL WAR.. It seems all of a sudden, the moment someone is disappointed in a MARVEL movie, whether it's AOU or another movie, it's all if a sudden MARVEL peaking...

Where did I say they were doomed? They will be plenty big but won't make $623m like the first Avengers movie.

Man, a 150 million dollar range, really going out on a limb there with a prediction.

Well, a guy gave a 100m+ total gross range for Minions recently.....after its second weekend estimates :D :D

Anyways even after a 150m range, water may still very well turn out wrong. It can end up above Toy Story 3 in my opinion, if it turns out out good and thrilling.

Its marketing cost probably cost more than the movie itself, so I doubt its made much profit, if any at all.

I highly doubt they spent more than $50 million on prints and ads. They will break even before home video.

• Like 1

IO wins game 6, now it's 3-3 between Pixar and JW. Will they carry on the battle or IO stays ahead for good?

Does it really matter when one is gonna finish with $300 million more regardless?

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1

Shut it Tele

I need my novels adapted directly

How dare they cut Dobby from Goblet of Fire    :angry:

Shut it Tele

I need my novels adapted directly

How dare they cut EVERYTHING INTERESTING Dobby from Goblet of Fire   :angry:

Fixed.

Goblet of fire? Don't you guys remember The Half Blood Prince? I mean, they almost cut 50% of the interesting, enjoyable and useful things from it. They completely cut Dobby's and Kreacher's role. And what about Dumbledore's meeting with the dursley family? That scene from the book showed quite some character growth in the dursley family... They ended up as nothing but comic relief douche bags in the series. And most importantly, they cut out so much of Voldemort's story that was so essential to understanding his decisions, his personality, his behaviour, his motives, HIM.

And don't even get me started on The Order of the Pheonix. The book is my second favourite one and the movie is one of my least favourite ones. They cut so much from the Battle at the Ministry. And the almost complete cutting of the 'The Last Prophecy' chapter was the most angering and heart-breaking moment of the complete series... That chapter was like the main thing!! It's my second most favourite chapter of the whole series of books. All the things explained, such character growth and character revealment of Harry and Dumbledore and that Prophecy!! Everything just cut out or shortened so much... 

There was a reason the last two films turned out so good and the only other best part was the one based on a 300 page book. According to me all of the last four parts should indeed have been split into two movies. I don't care how it may have affected their box office. I just WANTED it.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1