Gopher

Monday #s NOTHING IS CRUMBLING OKAY

So...MI3 opened to 47.7m and ended at 134.0m. It had good wom, fell only 47% in the 2nd weekend.

Had a bigger 3rd weekend drop of 55% but recovered great and had subsequent falls of 38%(22% 4-day), 33%, 35%.

In the end got a multiplier of 2.8.

(MI3 released when schools were still open, so those weekend drops were helped by that. But even when schools are open it's not easy to have sub 40% drops and a sub 50% 2nd weekend drop)

To touch 150m with the same multiplier MI5 would need to open to ~53.6m.

Ant-Man 3.25

Minions 3.1

Pixels 2.75

Trainwreck 2.1

Southpaw 1.9

Paper Towns 1.8 (-36%)

IO 1.13

JW 890k

Thank You. And I also do think those crumbling posts are wayyyyy overdue to stop (aka annoying at first, now boring / stale)

So...MI3 opened to 47.7m and ended at 134.0m. It had good wom, fell only 47% in the 2nd weekend.

Had a bigger 3rd weekend drop of 55% but recovered great and had subsequent falls of 38%(22% 4-day), 33%, 35%.

In the end got a multiplier of 2.8.

(MI3 released when schools were still open, so those weekend drops were helped by that. But even when schools are open it's not easy to have sub 40% drops and a sub 50% 2nd weekend drop)

To touch 150m with the same multiplier MI5 would need to open to ~53.6m.

All former releases didn't get artifically inflated OWs with the nowadays way earlier 'midnight's'. Then the average 2nd weekend drops were a lot better than nowadays (I checked only some action-based franchises)

I saw Papertowns last night in a 75% full theater.  I don't get it.

The movie itself or how many visited the cinema/screening, the dom BOs, or...???

All former releases didn't get artifically inflated OWs with the nowadays way earlier 'midnight's'. Then the average 2nd weekend drops were a lot better than nowadays (I checked only some action-based franchises)

Right. Would make it tougher for MI5 to have the same multiplier because the ow will be inflated. If it gets 53.5m ow including midnights, 2.8x and 150m might be tough.

My point about Paper Towns is that it made a miniscule 12 million dollars this weekend and yet on a Monday night in northern Toronto there was a theater that has 75 percent capacity. Put two and two together they do not add up. For me we can make 12 million dollars in the weekend you think there would be maybe 10 or 15 people on a Monday night to watch it not a 75% full theater.

• Like 1

My point about Paper Towns is that it made a miniscule 12 million dollars this weekend and yet on a Monday night in northern Toronto there was a theater that has 75 percent capacity. Put two and two together they do not add up. For me we can make 12 million dollars in the weekend you think there would be maybe 10 or 15 people on a Monday night to watch it not a 75% full theater.

Ok, so it was the admission-BO combination.

It does sound a bit strange to me too. :blink:

I do also not understand something out of the past in entertainment, but it is really OT:

I'm reading again that for the moment (old TV-series), the last chapter is here in Germany usually named as the main reason for the cancellation (cultural 'it' ppl called it facsistic beside the lead character / captain rarely following orders...), the other listed reasons more as reasons for not loosing face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raumpatrouille_%E2%80%93_Die_phantastischen_Abenteuer_des_Raumschiffes_Orion#Production

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raumpatrouille_%E2%80%93_Die_phantastischen_Abenteuer_des_Raumschiffes_Orion

trying to imagine the situation in todays world, the series had 39% to 56% of the all of our German housholds as viewers, many ppl without a TV visiting ppl owning a TV for watching it.

= trying to imagine today's the media covering in the US, if a series would be that successful and so on

Empty streets like (I still remember that detail very good), a TV-caused 'event' here called 'Straßenfeger' ~ street cleaner

Got till 1999 20 repeats over the years, still successful

IMHO a 2nd series could have been done without real problems

= imagine the internet/twitter/... reactions

One of the reasons I think sometimes a small percentage of a population really can do a lot of damage, if loud and 'repectful' enough

Much better drop than week 2! Hope that's a good sign.

I will take any drop below 49.5% so it rounds to 49% :lol:

It's last Mon-to-Mon drop was 55.4% and it's weekend drop was 53.5%.

This time the drop is 46.2%. So hoping it has a 46-48% weekend drop.

• Like 1

IO may actually maintain 1m+ daily grosses throughout the week. Which would mean it would have its first <1m day next Monday which would in turn mean that this will have the same number of continuous days over 1m as JW even after a OW 14m less than half of JW :)

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 2