Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

I see MI going on and on like bond, in the future even with a different lead.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

This man thinks that Tom Cruise hasn't yet reached Level 7. He is immortal and ageless. He can go in with MI for as long as he wants.

It all depends on Cruise. Can he still do MI close to 60? They won't recast him, but Paramount more likely to tie him up with other projects, they only got him, ST and TF. Reacher 2, Top Gun 2 are happening. Maybe Reacher 3 and MI7 too

I think with the next 2 movies, Cruise should chart an exit strategy from the MI series, if not an exit, he can always 

take on the Secretary position by getting Baldwin's character offed in MI7 or something.

and hand the series over to a younger star who they introduce in MI6.

Some multipliers for M:I 5

Spy - 210M

Kingsman: The Secret Service - 198M

Guardians of the Galaxy - 198M

Edge of Tomorrow - 195M

Skyfall  - 193M

Elysium - 175M

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 161M

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - 183M

Star Trek Into Darkness - 183M

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - 158M

The Avengers - 168M

The Bourne Legacy - 166M

Rock of Ages - 149M

Oblivion - 135M

Furious 7 - 134M

• Like 2

This post makes too much sense. Stop making sense when it comes to aou please.

...... It was lucky to make what it did based on goodwill from the first

Hahahaha...

Agree to especially that part, the rest I think is a bit too ... strongly formualted, might be a difference in general type of personality or cultures or such.

Age-wise I don't believe. ;)

I think with the next 2 movies, Cruise should chart an exit strategy from the MI series, if not an exit, he can always

take on the Secretary position by getting Baldwin's character offed in MI7 or something.

and hand the series over to a younger star who they introduce in MI6.

JR Meyers, playing in the 3, would have been an interesting choice.

Edited by TacoBell

Spy - 210M

Edge of Tomorrow - 195M

Skyfall  - 193M

Elysium - 175M

The Avengers - 168M

The Bourne Legacy - 166M

Rock of Ages - 149M

Oblivion - 135M

Furious 7 - 134M

I would say Bourne Legacy is the most useful one, but I think it'll get to 175m.

It weirds me out that Elysium had quietly good legs.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

This man thinks that Tom Cruise hasn't yet reached Level 7. He is immortal and ageless. He can go in with MI for as long as he wants.

what when is 70..you think it's that unlikely to replace cruise / reboot when the times comes, if likes of connery have come and gone as bond?

Edited by a2k

Spy - 210M

Edge of Tomorrow - 195M

Skyfall  - 193M

Elysium - 175M

The Avengers - 168M

The Bourne Legacy - 166M

Rock of Ages - 149M

Oblivion - 135M

Furious 7 - 134M

MI5 opened to almost as much as Rise of the Planet of the Apes did in 2011, and will most likely finish with around 5M more than that as well. 180M is where I see this finishing.

It won't be easy to replace Tom Cruise.

It might end up being like Bourne Legacy.

won't be easy. they had misfires with new bonds too. depends on how profitable mi stays and how badly paramount needs it in the future.

Edited by a2k

Glad you brought up Inception. Was not aware of it's 11.8% Sunday drop.

Also, It did not have a weekend drop bigger than 39% throughout the summer. >40% drop came in the 13th weekend and then it went back to better holds. Dream run :ph34r:

g7ftNY4.png

That 11.8% Sunday hold was after jumping almost 20% on Saturday from non-midnight Friday. So I think WOM had already kicked in even as early as Saturday. I remember the Tweets coming out of the midnight shows Friday morning were insane. It had one of the most fun endings of any action movie in recent years and it seemed to hit really strong with the younger audience (Twitter users).

Cruise probably has another decade.  I mean if Neeson can do it in his 60s...  And maybe they start to tailor the films a bit so that they're gasp more like the TV show - more brain than brawn.    Or maybe he becomes the new Phelps and then some new young guy reveals him as a traitor and offs him.  Poetic justice.

The best strategy is to wrap up MI6 soon, market as the final mission. It hits 1 billion, do MI7 in 2020 with a new cast, but bring back Cruise in a supporting role for a crazy stunt. You can't make a MI without him, but adjustments can be made once he hits 60.

won't be easy. they had misfires with new bonds too. depends on how profitable mi stays and how badly paramount needs it in the future.

Paramount needs it pretty bad.

They only have two franchises that pull in over 500 m WW.

Compare that to Disney who have ten or eleven.

Me and the wife watched Trainwreck on Tuesday and liked it a lot, we just watched Space Jam on Amazon prime and once the movie was done the wife says "They should make a sequel starring Lebron". She would fit in perfectly as a Hollywood exec.

• Like 1

Paramount's got the Transformers Cinematic Universe

Worst idea in the history of bad ideas. It shares that amazing place with THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.

I don't see the potential for an expanded universe.

America is already getting tired of Bayformers and none of Bay's characters are strong enough to carry a spinoff.

Bumblebee could be the new Herbie The Love Bug.  Lebron could co-star

Worst idea in the history of bad ideas. It shares that amazing place with THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.

A crowded place what it also shares with The King Arthur Cinematic Universe and The Ghostbuster Cinematic Universe

• Like 2