VictorHugogui

Tuesday #s (Gopher) MI5 7.3M, Minions 2.4M, DBZ 2.3M, Ant-Man 2.3M

I think the keyword is "sleeper"...under basically everyone's radar. 

MBFGW certainly qualifies. 

Titanic was so "newsworthy" that it cannot be a "sleeper." It's a surprising and historical hit, but not a sleeper.

Star Wars...I was too young to know the buzz surrounding it, but Lucas was just off a BO success in American Graffiti, and as part of the new American cinema, I reckon it was above the radar of that time?  

Star Wars was supposed to be an unmitigated disaster.  Sleeper, maybe maybe not but no one thought it would do anything remotely close to what it did.

• Like 2

I think the keyword is "sleeper"...under basically everyone's radar.

MBFGW certainly qualifies.

Titanic was so "newsworthy" that it cannot be a "sleeper." It's a surprising and historical hit, but not a sleeper.

Star Wars...I was too young to know the buzz surrounding it, but Lucas was just off a BO success in American Graffiti, and as part of the new American cinema, I reckon it was above the radar of that time?

Good point. As far as SW, I wasn't even born to know anything about the anticipation/buzz heading into its release, but I put it on my list based on several documentaries and comments from Lucas on how Fox studio didn't have faith in this movie, and how much struggle it was getting it made. Aa well it getting pushed back from its original release date. Edited by Queen Shar

so kinda like Titanic assessment pre-release?  

I think Titanic was expected to do about 150 million.  I think SW was expected to die a quick death.  

• Like 1

MI5 is close to 70! This is still going to be a strong holder in August especially since Fantastic Four might have a lackluster performance.

F4 has a strong series of trailers. I really like the hype that Fox is building

If this is the first F4 movie ever, I don't see how it cannot hit $200M.

But too bad....

Edited by zackzack

Have to wait for officials, but those are not overly inspiring numbers.

MIRN being under Ant-man's first Tuesday is a little surprising.

After a really good Monday, that Tuesday number for Minions is pretty blah.

My county went back to school this week along with 2 other large counties in the Atlanta area. Kids get out in May (before Memorial Day) and go back in August.

The rest of Atlanta school systems go back next week.

It's being shown on every day between the 4th to the 12th but it will vary between theatres.

Damn, the theaters in Louisiana are only showing it on those dates. It's only playing in four theaters in the entire state, though.

Edited by Chaz

You laugh at that, but ANT-MAN is certainly performing a lot better than what F4 is doing and hasn't even been released yet.. I get you don't like me, nor do I care, but pull your head out of your ass..

:thinking:

How can if be performing better if it Fantastic Four hasn't released yet?

• Like 2

You laugh at that, but ANT-MAN is certainly performing a lot better than what F4 is doing and hasn't even been released yet.. I get you don't like me, nor do I care, but pull your head out of your ass..

who gives a fuck about fantastic four

fantastic four will perform better than jonah hex no question about it

Then why the fuck did you even reply to my question about what the definition is of a "Sleeper Hit" and how that may or may not apply ANT-MAN which is doing pretty good???

GTFO-HOUSE.png

because it is a hilarious crusade that you have taken on

• Like 1

All the Marvelites hating on Fantastic Four as though it makes them neutral but it really just makes them more biased.

I doubt FF is much worse than Ultron, GOTG etc.

Um, did you seriously just type that?

Look, Ultron with some issues aside is still a fun movie. GotG is a rollicking great time and that's got plenty of backing from many corners.

This is just a stupid non-sensical sentence by any objective measure. 

• Like 1