VictorHugogui

Tuesday #s (Gopher) MI5 7.3M, Minions 2.4M, DBZ 2.3M, Ant-Man 2.3M

AM needs to hit 200m to be considered a sleeper. Its legs are good but nothing spectacular really. It's all about the weekend for RN, hopefully 30m will happen.

I'd say at least $260 million. If it had grossed more than Cap 2 DOM, I'd call it a sleeper. Especially since Ant-Man didn't have the rave reviews that Winter Soldier did. 

Have to wait for officials, but those are not overly inspiring numbers.

MIRN being under Ant-man's first Tuesday is a little surprising.

After a really good Monday, that Tuesday number for Minions is pretty blah.

Monday was inflated by Canada's Civil Holiday, so the low Tuesday increases are perfectly normal.

Also, MI5's opening was in line with Ant Man's but the former attracts an older audience, meaning a 10% or so is lost on weekdays.

• Like 2

I'd say at least $260 million. If it had grossed more than Cap 2 DOM, I'd call it a sleeper. Especially since Ant-Man didn't have the rave reviews that Winter Soldier did.

For the first film 260m would be unrealisticly high. It's doing the average CA/Thor numbers. Not bad, not good either. Thor 2 numbers would have been amazing, sleeper material.

For the first film 260m would be unrealisticly high. It's doing the average CA/Thor numbers. Not bad, not good either. Thor 2 numbers would have been amazing, sleeper material.

Not really. 

After GotG did $335 million, and everything post-Avengers has done $200 million+, Ant-Man doing $200-220 million wouldn't be a sleeper - it would be slightly above average. Especially when there was quite a few on here predicting $225 million+ DOM. 

$275-300 million would be, though. Especially since Ant-Man is the toughest sell out of all of them. It's a solid performance, but anything less than $250 million isn't really a sleeper hit. Being a MCU tentpole makes $200 million just par for the course at this point. 

AOU was fucking horrible. Wont take much for F4 to be better.

Opinions and Hyperbole are different things brother. 

AoU had some issues an objective person will grant that. 

Fucking horrible is hyperbole. I didn't love T:Genisys but I wouldn't even call that fucking horrible and it had worse issues than AoU. 

who gives a fuck about fantastic four

fantastic four will perform better than jonah hex no question about it

Fantastic Four's opening weekend will be better then Jonah Hex's entire run, so that isn't really saying much, heh!

Ant-Man 2.3

+ $134.2= $136.5m domestic for Ant-Man

Pulls another $1.6 or 1.7 w/Wed and then $1.5 on Thursday Ant-Man should be sitting in a ballpark of $139.7 going into the weekend vs MI:RN second weekend and FFreboots debut. I like it's odd at another 50% or better drop adding $7m..it's trajectory is over $150m this time next week with no problem now. How leggy it is to $160m is the one to watch. 

Monday was inflated by Canada's Civil Holiday, so the low Tuesday increases are perfectly normal.

Also, MI5's opening was in line with Ant Man's but the former attracts an older audience, meaning a 10% or so is lost on weekdays.

Cool I didn't know about the holiday.

So that would make the small Tuesday rises make sense - it would also suggest that Wednesday's drops would be normal (not inflated).

Given the demo on MI was 63% male and 62% over 25 it is definately an older, male skewing movie.

As an aside, my wife is one of those females that he lost in the last decade. She actually used to jog past his house when she lived out in CA as a young woman. But she also grew up knowing Brooke Shields for a little while - so his comments towards her, psychology, and some other comments he made she considers unforgivable and  has made it clear she will never see another Cruise movie again.

Come on Shaun!

Aardman deserves so much more respect - nay love - than US studios and audiences give it

Shaun was never going to be really big. Lionsgate did the bare minimum to promote it, and a pretty much silent comedy isn't going to really appeal to children.

A total that matches Pirates minus the 3D (about $25-30m) would be perfectly good for this.