AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

On 8/23/2016 at 7:42 PM, ThatOneMorgan said:

This will be huge.  The Rock, Hart, and Black all provide star power (with Rock and Hart being two major draws) and Jonas could attract the female teenager audiences.

60/190

Girl Trip will detract from any potential female appeal IMO. 

July 2017 is actually looking pretty solid (minus Valerian). I also don't think the untitled Disney fairy tale will stay in summer 2017 if Jumanji opens the same weekend. 

1. Spider-Man - Homecoming: $320 million 
  2. War of the Planet of the Apes: $215 million 
  3. Dunkirk: $210 million 
  4. Jumanji: $155 million 
  5. Girl Trip: $110 million 
  6. Untitled Disney Fairy Tale: $75 million 
  7. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: $20 million 

10 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Girl Trip will detract from any potential female appeal IMO. 

July 2017 is actually looking pretty solid (minus Valerian). I also don't think the untitled Disney fairy tale will stay in summer 2017 if Jumanji opens the same weekend. 

1. Spider-Man - Homecoming: $320 million 
  2. War of the Planet of the Apes: $215 million 
  3. Dunkirk: $210 million 
  4. Jumanji: $155 million 
  5. Girl Trip: $110 million 
  6. Untitled Disney Fairy Tale: $75 million 
  7. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: $20 million 

HOW DARE YOU

:sarah:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

HOW DARE YOU

:sarah:

Sorry :lol:

But with Spider-Man, Apes 3, Dunkirk and Jumanji all potentially combining for $850 million+ DOM, there's not much room for Valerian to succeed. It's also from a smaller studio and likely will be quite cheesy, so I doubt it'll succeed in the DOM market. I could see $150-250 million OS, though. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Sorry :lol:

But with Spider-Man, Apes 3, Dunkirk and Jumanji all potentially combining for $850 million+ DOM, there's not much room for Valerian to succeed. It's also from a smaller studio and likely will be quite cheesy, so I doubt it'll succeed in the DOM market. I could see $150-250 million OS, though. 

Good points but don't forget stuff like The Fifth Element and Lucy from this same director! If this is as fun as those were then I'm expecting numbers between the two of them, so something between 250m and 500m WW with the domestic between 60m and 120m.

20m dom though? No way.

:WHATanabe:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chewy said:

We're all gonna rag on this for a year but it'll probably end up being a hit with that cast

It is going to do very good numbers for sure unless Sony monumentally fucks up all the marketing.