Gopher

Thursday #s: :/

I think you guys are really over-estimating the impact of the GOP debate.

I kinda assumed it was half joking. Theres overlap between watchers of questionable quality super hero movies and too-early-to-matter Presidential debates, but I suspect its small. I could see it hurting Mr Holmes quite a bit more.

Yea am really surprised at MI5's performance this week. I expected WOM to have a big impact.

Interesting to think maybe the stellar WOM's impact maybe less than anticipated? I find it a weird case esp that Antman's WOM wasn't better in any way than MI5

Maybe sometimes we over estimate how WOM can affect films whereas there are other factors that could come into play.

Or maybe Ant-Man's WOM was actually pretty good.

I kinda assumed it was half joking. Theres overlap between watchers of questionable quality super hero movies and too-early-to-matter Presidential debates, but I suspect its small. I could see it hurting Mr Holmes quite a bit more.

Republicans love guns... and.. mission impossible has... guns... so... erm... uhhh... hmm

• Like 1

Gopher, why don't you ever put the numbers in your topic titles? :blink:

I guess he thinks they are not worth mentioning, see his ~ not-happy 'smiley' in the title instead

Just for fun:

As some mentioned the possibility MI5 might be a ~ 'week-end-earner' I searched for movies with similar to Ant-Man / MI5... theater counts, budgets, OWs,... starting with action and lots of CGI, but added also an animated movie for it's strongly recogniseable week-end/week-day jumps (without checking what part is higher/lower, only for the sake of showing the different patterns)

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Ant-Man/Captain-America/Wolverine-The/X-Men-First-Class/Home-%282014%29/Mission-Impossible-Rogue-Nation

Curious to see if there will be a change in the pattern for MI5 after the weekend's real results got(ten?) released

• Like 1

Guys am just back from the Gift and WOW

The best thriller of the year so far - no doubt about that. LOVED.

is it a horror or a thriller? It looked like a horror movie and I hate horror, so I wasn't going to watch it - but all these positive reviews are good.

Good I'm planning on going tomorrow. Was the twist as good as everyone says ?

The film isn't a horror film - it's a psychothriller

The twist isn't that surprising - but the film is very absorbing - one of the best films of the year so far

Joel E. directed and acted in it - he is amazing it

Jason Bateman is a shocking surprise