Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Actually it looks like Catwoman could be the perfect comparison to Fant4stic in terms of budget, gross, and reception.

Now if it kills Teller's promising career chances like Catwoman did for Berry, they'll really be parallels.

Edited by MovieMan89

That doesn't sound that bad.

Because they included a middle. To be more accurate, there wouldn't have been a cave scene. There would have been a "Two Months Later" title card after he got captured instead, and then him breaking out.

Edited by Orestes

Actually it looks like Catwoman could be the perfect comparison to Fant4stic in terms of budget, gross, and reception.

Now if it kills Teller's promising career chances like Catwoman did for Berry, they'll really be parallels.

Actually I think FFs situation is a bit worse, even if the income might end the same (I wait and see...)

Catwoman had only a budget of $100m, means FF had 20% more money to spend, plus probably some extra costs due to re-shoots.... whatever they did during the ... not typical production phase

Do people here remember that (wikipedia):

Yup. I've actually seen it. As shitty as that movie is, it's the only Fantastic Four film where they actually feel like a real family, so I gotta give it props for that.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

The CBM debacles of the decades:

80's: Superman IV

90's: Batman and Robin

00's: Catwoman

10's: Fant4stic

Hey at least the title won't belong to a DC one this decade, which given Green Lantern's existence is pretty amazing.

I'd add Elektra to that list (suggestion)

Actually I think FFs situation is a bit worse, even if the income might end the same (I wait and see...)

Catwoman had only a budget of $100m, means FF had 20% more money to spend, plus probably some extra costs due to re-shoots.... whatever they did during the ... not typical production phase

True, but if you factor general inflation then Catwoman's budget from 11 years ago is probably close to Fant4stic's.

Well... I really liked most of the movie. I'm not gonna lie. Whooh whee though there is totally a point in the film where it feels like they skipped over 45 minutes of the film. Like all everything was going great prior to that but then it felt like okay we don't want this to be a hour longer so we'll just cut out this part and just give them the last 15 minutes. It was pretty unsettling. The last line of dialogue of the film made me laugh harder than I have at anything in theatres this year.

It wasn't the worst movie of the year so far or probably not even the second but the ending kinda ruined what was a pretty good movie