WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

Elba's 2009 movie Obsessed (which starred Beyonce and Ali Larter as the Psycho lady) seems to be getting a remake in next year's Unforgettable with Rosario Dawson and Katherine Heigl as the psycho

At least Heigl's character has a history with the guy, unlike Ali Larter's character in Obsessed, where the motivation seemed to be, "You're a crazy white she-devil, and...go!" Idris was a complete moron, and the movie completely shifts POV to Beyonce being the main character halfway through it. Still, it's a fun watch when it's on TV.

Can't wait for the Fireproof/Courageous/War Room people to do their movie on a Josh Duggar type...

Elba's 2009 movie Obsessed (which starred Beyonce and Ali Larter as the Psycho lady) seems to be getting a remake in next year's Unforgettable with Rosario Dawson and Katherine Heigl as the psycho

Obsessed ALREADY getting a remake after 7 years. Talk about quick! :wacko:

Edited by Mojoguy

That 's just a remake of the Betty Broderick movie - me & my sister watch that all the time - crazy woman!!

Can't wait for the Fireproof/Courageous/War Room people to do their movie on a Josh Duggar type...

They need to make a movie about Jim Bob and Michelle and how they cranked out 19 kids first. Preferably with the title "My Vajayjay Is Painin'."

• Like 1

They need to make a movie about Jim Bob and Michelle and how they cranked out 19 kids first. Preferably with the title "My Vajayjay Is Painin'."

A movie about a family in the whole Gothard movement could seriously be good, though, done by a qaulity director... It's FLDS level twisted without nearly the same publicity. You could either do a serious drama about the pitfalls of pumping out kid after kid after kid, yet the husband has to be his own boss, as much as possible, the wife can't work, the homeschooled sons are maybe allowed to go to some unaccredited college (but, hey, it enforces modesty rules!) and the daughters can't move out until Daddy's allowed men to court her, but they can't hold hands until they're engaged and are chaperoned until they say "I do". Wash, rinse, repeat, as two sheltered young adults who's never been alone with each other until their wedding day are expected to get to having babies of their own, right away. It's a real horror story, that 21st century Americans are living this way, all while getting reality shows to showcase their "family values"

Sorry, watched 19 Kids and Counting for years, annoyed with how they got away with seeming like this odd but quaint family when the truth has always been much more sinister...

To be on topic, I'm surprised War Room has such a low theater count. I wouldn't expect 4000 theaters or anything, but maybe 1500 or 2000 at least?

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 2

Wash, rinse, repeat, as two sheltered young adults who's never been alone with each other until their wedding day are expected to get to having babies of their own, right away. It's a real horror story, that 21st century Americans are living this way.

I like the making babies part, but having a kid(s) and being stuck with that brat to raise for 18 years is terrifying to me. :o

Edited by Mojoguy

Damn, I wonder if WAYF can even crack 2m with those Thursday nights. Even War Room looks to be a non-starter despite its promising MT sales all week. Hopefully SOC, MI5, and Ant Man all have insanely good holds to make up for this otherwise snooze-fest weekend.

• Like 2

Damn, I wonder if WAYF can even crack 2m with those Thursday nights. Even War Room looks to be a non-starter despite its promising MT sales all week. Hopefully SOC, MI5, and Ant Man all have insanely good holds to make up for this otherwise snooze-fest weekend.

War Room might do $10m on just a bit over 1,000 screens (you know movies like this and The Coup aren't getting more than one screen per theater)  I'd say that's pretty good.

• Like 2

This weekend is so dead not even Gopher or Rth care enough to give some numbers. I guess they are getting their returns ready for September 18.

They're about to get refueled for next week. :redcapes:

• Like 1

Well, thanks Compton for ending summer on an interesting bang. With mo film getting above 20M this week, summer is officially over.

All of the movies generally have just one screen at my theater, with some having two and others getting two for primetime showings.

Edited by Guerilla713
  • Like 1