kayumanggi

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween | October 12 2018 | Sony | Jack Black may not return

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

?

Anyways this looks like shit. Don’t expect this over $60M tbh.

Maybe Teletoon is just a canadian thing I didn't know was just canadian :lol: Just some kids TV channel

Anyways yea I'm thinking 17/45

• Like 2

On 3/6/2018 at 6:42 PM, TombRaider said:

as if jack black was a box office draw lmao.

but yeah why did this get a sequel?? the first one did ok because of the nostagia but a sequel is NOT needed and will flop. I think 45 DOM 95m WW

Jack Black has a lot of people liking him and is also a good way for studio to send a clear signal that the movie will be child appropriate while still being possible to enjoy it has an adult (that something the Jumanji casting did extremely well).

Reading the marketing study made for that movie and the audience  having seen the trailer, Jack Black fan were 31% of that movie possible General audience and the interest among them was significantly higher than the non-fan audience.

Just now, Box Office Hit said:

Looks like a rehash of the first film

I admit I went to the 1st film at my daughters' request...and loved it.

This looks like it's rehashing that movie, but missing Jack Black, who was one of the best things about that 1st movie...

Color me also in the disappointed camp...still might be fun, but doesn't seem as much as the original...

• Like 2

I don't understand Sony's thinking with this. They rushed production, didn't bring Jack Black who was one of the better aspects of the original (are we sure Jack Black is voicing Slappy? That didn't sound like Jack Black in the trailer and he didn't pop up on the IMDB page) and then the plot seems like a rehash. No matter what, Sony continues to be Sony. 

• Like 2

I liked the original! Bought the blu. I think I had Slappy The Dummy 3rd or 4th on the 2015 villain list 🤣. I had only the 2015 #1, Tom Hardy's John Fitzgerald (The Revenant), and Samuel L Jackson's tech billionaire Richmond Valentine (Kingsman) ahead of Slappy. Expecting another good laugh. "Who you callin' dummy?!" 🤣🤣

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I don't understand Sony's thinking with this. They rushed production, didn't bring Jack Black who was one of the better aspects of the original (are we sure Jack Black is voicing Slappy? That didn't sound like Jack Black in the trailer and he didn't pop up on the IMDB page) and then the plot seems like a rehash. No matter what, Sony continues to be Sony. 

The guy voicing Slappy in the trailer is the same guy who voiced Slappy in the TV spots and trailers for the original movie, and was at one point the original voice.

Jack Black as Slappy was a last minute decision for the first.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I don'r get how SONY let the 007 franchise..one of the most lucrative in history....get away from them.

And some of SONY's ideas for it's "Spideyverse" movies are so bad even the hard core comic book fans are laughing at them.

Paramount ,which for a few years has been neck in neck with Sony as the worst ran studio in Hollywood, seems to have turned a corner and is on the upswing but SONY seems to be the same old inept SONY.