WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: War Room 9.35 | SOC 8.8 | Walk 8.25 | MI 7.15 | Transporter 7.13 | Escape 5.4 | Gallo 3.4

Considering that mid to late September has seen $30-40m OW openers like The Equalizer, HT, Maze Runner etc it would be interesting to see a studio take a punt on Labor Day weekend. Perhaps WB could move up Storks or Sony with The Magnificent Seven next year to Labor Day weekend

October has no holidays apart but yet it's slowly become a popular month for adult dramas and things like The Martian.

Maybe the studios are afraid that movie-going slows down too much at the end of August in order to support a big film. 

If they didnt load up May with so many releases than summer's grosses could be more evenly distributed.  

Just reminds me how absolutely massive Memorial Day, 4th of July and Thanksgiving were in 2013. In the case of the 4th, if you go from Mon-Sun instead of Fri-Thu, the Mon-Sun before/including/after 4th of July 2013 just edges out 1996 as the highest-attended top 10 ever for that week. (Yes, I said 1996 - ID4 was an absolute beast.)

I wonder if we will ever see holiday frames of that sheer size again...

Edited by TServo2049

The thing that yall in the city forget is that there are thousands of theaters not located in the metropolitan areas and that drags the average down. But even in OKC there is quite the spread depending on the theater one goes too.

The Cinemark that we frequented was only $6 for an adult evening show while the imax AMC was closer to $15 and that is before the 3d premium.

So while there are a lot of you (that live in large cities) that pay way more than the average you only make up a portion of the pie.

I live in Houston, which has about 6.5M in the area. Around me there are three megaplexes. The nicest one (Palladium AVX) is around 8-13 anytime. Next one down is Cinemark and that is 6-9 for the regular and 13 for XD. Then the AMC at the mall is 4-7 anytime. Around me prices go up depending on quality of the theater. It just depends. We didn't have all the premium formats back in the day, but the matinee/evening prices have been about the same for a long time.

• Like 1

Nope. Brevet is the new editor.

https://twitter.com/bradbrevet

Wasn't it almost meant to be temporary for Keith? His main job was still with IMDB, and they've been looking for someone permanent for  BOM for months.

Brevet closed his site for this job so it will be a full time thing and we'll probably also be getting more editorial content from BOM than we've had in a while

• Like 1