CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

eh it's too early to tell. let's give him more time.

Even then I don’t think his hopes of being the next big action star outside of Spider-Man or to be known as prestigious isn’t what he’s best suited at, granted like you said it’s too early. If anything, he wouldn’t be half bad in a comedy or a musical, then he can play more to his strengths and sort of work on from there.

Just now, Dragoncaine said:

Uncharted RT score down to 40% with only 15 reviews, scathing reviews from Top Critics, mediocre from standard reviewers. MC still wonky, but shows up as 39/100 when you manually search for the film.

It's DOA.  Batman, please save us!

On one hand Sony looks to have a flop on their hands, on the other Holland will probably accept their contract and play spider-man for the forseeable future and doesn't have the leverage to shake them down for more (im assuming thats why he flip flops in the media every week about his future)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Even then I don’t think his hopes of being the next big action star outside of Spider-Man or to be known as prestigious isn’t what he’s best suited at, granted like you said it’s too early. If anything, he wouldn’t be half bad in a comedy or a musical, then he can play more to his strengths and sort of work on from there.

He's angling for Bond, which tells me he and his agent have zero clue on what he's actually suited for.

• Like 6

Just got out of this. It was an alright popcorn flick, which is impressive for a project as deep in development hell as this was.

The chemistry between Tom Holland and Marky Mark Wahlberg is easily the best part of the film, and carried what is otherwise a pretty bland story.

Spoiler

Wasting Antonio Banderas and making Tati Gabrielle's generic assassin lady the final baddie is such a moronic move it's not even funny. They have Antonio fucking Banderas, who would have made for a highly entertaining, chewy villain... Yet they give him barely anything to do in the first half before offing him shortly after. A shame too, since Gabrielle is actually pretty good in Disney's Owl House.

That Naughty Dog pawprint in Nate's luggage and the Nolan North cameo were both admittedly very nice. I'll give them those.

After seeing it, I don't think anyone is going to be too impressed by this. I wouldn't be too surprised to see this underperform or outright bomb. Tom Holland seriously needs a better agent, because outside of Spidey his vehicles have been disappointments.

Hopefully the Ghost of Thushima movie that Chad Stahelski is attached to finds life as an original movie elsewhere, because it's most likely dead after this.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

TBH, I think general audience will find it fine, like Venom and Mortal Kombat. I predict a 25M 3day OW/ 32m 4day / 60mDom

Can't speak for Mortal Kombat as I haven't seen it, but Venom had a lot of solid hooks for the GA. Tom Hardy's insane performance, the chemistry between him and the alien goo, and of course the familiarity they might have already had with the character thanks to his various appearances throughout the Spider-Man franchise. The Marvel brand had also seen a huge boost that year because of Infinity War, and Venom coming out just a few months after certainly helped.

Having seen Uncharted, there's no real hook there. Nowhere near the pull Venom had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I'm thinking it plays more like Warcraft due to the built in fan base, but slightly lower levels.

Considering the fan base seems to think that this is woefully miscast and looks like a poor imitation of something we played nearly a decade ago, I wouldn’t count on the fan base to turn up for this.