terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

My prediction with theses OD

TPG: 24.5M

TV  : 22.5M

No previews for Perfect Guy. Assuming a slight increase for Sat. It should get $27-28 million this weekend. 

Visit is about right. Great for both, considering they really weren't on the radar. 

War Room with another great hold. 50M will happen and if they expand it some more maybe 60M is possible. Great return with a such miniscule budget.

Why wouldn't $60 million+ happen? It's about to have a great hold Post-Labor Day, a weekend where anything under 40% is phenomenal. It could have a sub-20% drop this weekend. And it won't really lose theaters next weekend, since there's only 4 other major films to give screens to next weekend (Perfect Guy, Visit, Black Mass, Maze Runner 2). 

With $8 million this weekend, it should be able to get a 4x or so. I'm thinking $70-75 million, since there won't be enough content until the first or second week of October to warrant taking away War Room's screens. IO, Compton, F4, UNCLE, Woods, Transporter, No Escape, etc will all lose theirs first. 

What does she play this time?  A transgender, flute player trying to become a kindergarten teacher at her estranged daughter's school?

I have no clue, she seldom plays characters in movies I am interested in

The story of Florence Foster Jenkins, a New York heiress, who dreamed of becoming an opera singer, despite having a terrible singing voice.

BoxOffice @BoxOffice

Early Weekend Analysis: #ThePerfectGuy ($26.5M) & #TheVisit ($22.5M) Open Strong; #WarRoom Proving Leggy;... http://fb.me/1SauRAZDs

• Like 1

The people who saw The visit last night would have just seen it today instead. These black films are always very front loaded.

These 'black' films are not as front loaded as these horror films. Even though THE VISIT has better ratings(which I'm sure is better film), I guarantee you that THE PERFECT GUY will remain #1 this weekend.

BTW. The so called other 'black' film, NO GOOD DEED, that came out the same weekend last year, increased on its first Saturday from Friday.

Edited by cmbbox2390
  • Like 2

Screen International @Screendaily

Paramount acquires 'Florence Foster Jenkins' http://bit.ly/1OKxZV3

Scott Mendelson retweeted

Hollywood is persistently eliminating women at work via @paul1kirby This starts in children's programming via @GDIGM

COt6gKCUkAAA5PC.jpg
COt6gd4UwAAZgo4.png

hmm 268 male speaking roles vs 65 female speaking roles in children's program.... very 'realistic' (sarcastic)

Signs is incredible until you find out that water is their kryptonite and you start to ask yourself why they can travel light years to Earth but a locked door keeps them trapped.

Except that the aliens arent the point of the movie. Theyre part of the setup. Similar to, and only slightly more important than, the brother's baseball past. The point of the movie is that entire universe, or God, or something, has spent the last decade setting things up so that the boy survives the last 15 minutes of the film. Or, that the boy *is* going to survive the final scene, and the universe itself is just being unusually obvious about foreshadowing this fact.

Anyway, I liked Signs, and I understand why people don't like it, but I feel like some people dislike it for the wrong reasons. The question of "Why is this kid the center of the universe?" isnt addressed, and is a valid reason for disliking the movie. And, yeah, the aliens picked a terrible movie to invade, which is bad, and you can dislike it for that, but remember thats its not the center of the movie. Its like disliking it because the bat is too conveniently located in the final scene.

Haha love it! Stuff like this is what makes me looks beyond Campea's fanboy-isms and really take a liking to him!

Yeah, every few weeks I watch a couple of 'his' shows, sometimes he is really... A Fan or anti-fan in a rather over-the-top way,  but why I didn't gave up on him based on that is, that he stands up for those 'Italian' ~ outbreaks the next day (when he cooled down again) and eates his 'hats' too.

• Like 1