WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

If I want to become REALLY unpopular on these boards, ROTS was the best film of 2005, Big Fish was the best of 2003, and Spider-Man was the best of 2002.

Oh, and Ron Howard's Grinch is the best film of 2000.

Two of these are okay, one is ehh but nothing worth arguing over, but holy shit one of these actively offends me

It's funny that a former SNL cast member appears in the year's two best films so far: a very explicit account of a teenage girl's sexual awakening and a space drama/thriller. 

The Diary of a Teenage Girl, such a good movie. Wish it got more attention since it's actually pretty important.

Hurricane Joaquin screwing with the East coast right now is going to cost The Martian the October record.

That 1-3m lost from terrible weather is going to be HUGE. :ph34r:

It's not that bad, it could have been a whole lot worse.

Hurricane Joaquin screwing with the East coast right now is going to cost The Martian the October record.

Nah I doubt it. I saw this at 5:30pm at Georgetown and it was packed. My friend group had to separate and they had to sit at the very front. There wasn't a single seat that was not occupied. 

Great movie! 

• Like 1

If I want to become REALLY unpopular on these boards, ROTS was the best film of 2005, Big Fish was the best of 2003, and Spider-Man was the best of 2002.

Oh, and Ron Howard's Grinch is the best film of 2000. -DAJK (I couldn't find your actual post :P)

I actually really liked all those movies. completely agree about ROTS. Big Fish was awesome, I think the only film I liked better than Spider-Man in 2002 was Two Towers. and the Grinch is not nearly as bad as some people think.

anyways I hope Martian breaks the shit out of gravity's records. because is waayy better. my second favorite film of the year so far, easily. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

What? We missed a direct hit. Weather is not great for sure, but it wasn't that bad, definitely not enough to stop anyone from going to the movies. Although anyone in the NE please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh these board at times, when Gravity came out lots of praise, now people trashing it just because another 'cool' movie could break its October record I do like The Martian though and would not mind it breaking the record

• Like 3

Oh these board at times, when Gravity came out lots of praise, now people trashing it just because another 'cool' movie could break its October record I do like The Martian though and would not mind it breaking the record

A vocal minority has been "trashing" Gravity ever since it released. And bear in mind that some people liked it on the big screen, but upon second viewing on TV were disappointed. There have been plenty of people expressing dislike for Gravity certainly over the past year on this board.

• Like 1

Here's the Gravity OW thread, interesting to read through the comments now: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/12138-weekend-estimates-gravity-555m-cwacm-215m-rr-76m/

My favorite comment

Man, the Core is really good so far. Anyone else see it?

Edited by grim22

You either die a hero, or live long enough  to see yourself become the villain.

I kinda liked Body of Lies from Sir Ridley.

Also, McGyver on Mars, is that a good description of the actual movie, premise & trailers look like it.

Edited by The Futurist