WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

A year from now, CJohn will still be quoting and posting gifs from True Detective's flop second season even after the rest of the world has completely forgotten its existence.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

A year from now, CJohn will still be quoting and posting gifs from True Detective's flop second season even after the rest of the world has completely forgotten its existence.

Yes. A year from now Magnificent Seven, written by the one and only Nic Pizzolatto, opens in theaters.

And you all will have to deal with it. 

:kitschjob:

Edited by CJohn

Stop talking out of your arse. Have you actually watched The Walk's trailer? 95% of it is showing drama that happens away from "the walk" and the trailer makes it very clear the movie is about much more than just one sequence. The sequence is only hinted at, at the end of the trailer, very briefly.

Who the is going to be excited about seeing a construction worker step on a nail in order for a guy to walk across a wire in the sky for no apparent reason? I mean people telling a guy that he is crazy for trying to attempt something as gratuitous as the aforementioned for over an hour is such compelling drama.  I even referenced the documentary on which it is based, but I some how know nothing about the even that the film is supposed to depict. Okay. You can get defensive all you want. The fact remains that no one was ever going to rush out to theaters to see it. 

Who the is going to be excited about seeing a construction worker step on a nail in order for a guy to walk across a wire in the sky for no apparent reason? I mean people telling a guy that he is crazy for trying to attempt something as gratuitous as the aforementioned for over an hour is such compelling drama.  I even referenced the documentary on which it is based, but I some how know nothing about the even that the film is supposed to depict. Okay. You can get defensive all you want. The fact remains that no one was ever going to rush out to theaters to see it. 

tumblr_llz351yX6q1qis4q9o1_400.gif

• Like 2

Yes. A year from now Magnificent Seven, written by the one and only Nic Pizzolatto, opens in theaters.

And you all will have to deal with it. 

:kitschjob:

Unfortunately for you, I'm pretty sure he's only "for hire" on that one since he's co-writing it with John Lee Hancock and the director is Antoine Fuqua. So, don't expect much in the way of his pretentious, unintentionally campy (well, to everyone except Pizzolatto, probably) dialogue that permeated True Detective's second season to show up there.

I'm so going to see that Magnificent Seven opening weekend, by the way. So many awesome men in one movie!

• Like 1

Unfortunately for you, I'm pretty sure he's only "for hire" on that one since he's co-writing it with John Lee Hancock and the director is Antoine Fuqua. So, don't expect much in the way of his pretentious, unintentionally campy (well, to everyone except Pizzolatto, probably) dialogue that permeated True Detective's second season to show up there.

I'm so going to see that Magnificent Seven opening weekend, by the way. So many awesome men in one movie!

You are probably right :lol: I hope it doesn't have any, I want a good movie :lol: 

I just realized I haven't seen a movie longer than 2-and-a-half-hours yet this year :mellow:

That's depressing.

Not at all. 2-and-a-half-hours is too long to seat in theaters to watch a movie for some people.

I don't watch movies that are more than 2 hours (2 hours and 20 minutes if you include trailers) in theaters unless it looks really really good, and make an exception for it. I imagine those Hobbit movies to be unbearable to sit through.

Edited by Mojoguy