WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

San Andreas had an ow of 54.6 off of 3.1m in previews and this should be more front loaded so I'm thinking mid 40s

so mid 40s it is. with its friday identical to gravity but more of martian's coming from previews (martian is already more frontloaded than gravity) its saturday and sunday will be undoubtedly lower than gravity's above-average numbers. 

also it'll be pretty sad if scorch trials drops more from maze runner than insurgent did from divergent. 

Deadline's comments are hilarious

Nasa = phonies, put out more cartoons than the cartoon network

Holy cow! Hollywood has hit a new low when it comes to the Chinese government pandering department. Seriously, with how the Chinese are portrayed as angels in the film might as well just lick their shoes.

• Like 3

I'm not astounded at all. Honestly, I'm surprised it's even as good as it apparently it. I think I predicted like 50 mill total for it. I'm just saying that alot of movies have "dumb concepts" that have become critically and commercially beloved hits. So just saying "It's a dumb concept!!!" is a stupid way to talk about movies. 

The only movie that I can honestly think of that has a concept that is somewhat tangential to that of The Walk is Cast Way, which ironically has the same director. Cast Away starred a household name, however, and the the theme of being stranded on an island is one with which audiences are familiar. A film about a foreigner walking on a wire way above the ground for no apparent reason is extremely probably elicits extreme apathy from people. 

Correction: They haven't showed up in the last few weeks giving numbers. :P

Alfred was here the other day giving numbers I think (might have been last week)

No need for Rth, I am here:

Friday number is 18.12M.

:thinking:

• Like 1

Deadline's comments are hilarious

Nasa = phonies, put out more cartoons than the cartoon network

Holy cow! Hollywood has hit a new low when it comes to the Chinese government pandering department. Seriously, with how the Chinese are portrayed as angels in the film might as well just lick their shoes.

How did Box Office and Industry Film sites become such a flocking ground for Drudge Report loonies?

I blame Nikki.