Fancyarcher

Cruella | Disney | May 28 2021 | Disney+ premiere access hybrid release

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

He gave both I Tonya and The Finest Hours (Gillespie's last two films) positive ratings, so it's not like he went in wanting to hate it lol. You do realise literally every critic has an opinion of almost every major director working today right? I guess we should dismiss all reviews.

Yes of course i realize, i work in the area.

I just said when someome said they hate a director and they dislike a movie from them, it shouldn't be taken very seriously as a proof of something.

Especially because i don't even talk about his review itself which could have good points, i talked about his twitter reaction with dumb hyperbole like "it doesn't have nothing in it's head".

Don't really understand your aggressive passive response, but ok.

19 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Tomorrow

Disney has been lifting review embargos pretty late since pandemic. Mulan reviews drops the day before release, Cruella 2 data, Raya is the longest with 4 days.

I think they launch too late, should have been few days earlier to build the buzz

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I thought this have great early reaction? How come it is starting 63% on RT?  

72% now, 6.4 average

It have 30 reviews already so it have a good shot in staying fresh

Early reactions are always based on hyperbole, normally if they're good the movie will be fresh, by how much we never know.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

72% now, 6.4 average

It have 30 reviews already so it have a good shot in staying fresh

Early reactions are always based on hyperbole, normally if they're good the movie will be fresh, by how much we never know.

Now heading to 78%. Seem like some negative reviews were in hurry to post their review.

• Like 1

I was sorta expecting reviews to be mediocre like Maleficent so this is a pleasant surprise. Emma Stone keeps on winning! Very much looking forward to this and A Quiet Place this weekend as my first big trip back to visiting movie theaters on a consistent basis again.

Just now, filmlover said:

I was sorta expecting reviews to be mediocre like Maleficent so this is a pleasant surprise. Emma Stone keeps on winning! Very much looking forward to this and A Quiet Place this weekend as my first big trip back to visiting movie theaters on a consistent basis again.

This is going wide on May 28 right? Why is header of the thread putting this on May 29? 

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

For a Disney remake, I'd say getting similar reviews to Mulan and BatB is mediocre.

I don´t think the reviews are good enough to change the presales route tho

$ 25M 4-Day will probably be enough for $ 65-70M finish which will be one of the biggest movies since the pandemic, but could´ve been better. Being available to streaming the same day also won´t help.

But at least this will also be in theaters, Luca doesn´t even have that, it´s just absurd.

AMAZING MOVIE. Just saw it here in Indonesia. It's like Joker + Now You See Me with better soundtrack and Disney Formula.

Comedy and Acting are top notch.

Plot twist tho... I'm Shook!!.:sarah:

Very recommended of you want to watch a light, fun and fresh movie.

WOM, legs and total box office will be great had it released when there's no pandemic. No doubt about it.

I'll give it 10/10. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3