kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

15 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

No other country wants to do a referendum, far-right parties want to do that but they need to be in power to do so, something that is far from certain to happen.

As for the UK I don't want to pity them, they decided to destroy themselves despite all warnings so if they want to be stupid it's their problem, so I prefer to care about BO numbers :P

Well the exchange rate is already costing me 50-70k a year but hey some people like yourself have more important things to worry about like box office of films you have no part off lol

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Well the exchange rate is already costing me 50-70k a year but hey some people like yourself have more important things to worry about like box office of films you have no part off lol

Instead of trying to make me feel some guilt about that maybe you should tell that to the young British who are 18-24 given only 36% of them decided to vote on June 23?

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Instead of trying to make me feel some guilt about that maybe you should tell that to the young British who are 18-24 given only 36% of them decided to vote on June 23?

Why would I do that? Most people in that age bracket haven't a single clue about politics and economics so why should they be expected to vote for something they have no knowledge about? Decisions like this should be left with the goverments who were voted into power by the people, not the average Joe.

But yeah box office numbers are much more important lol

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Why would I do that? Most people in that age bracket haven't a single clue about politics and economics so why should they be expected to vote for something they have no knowledge about? Decisions like this should be left with the goverments who were voted into power by the people, not the average Joe.

But yeah box office numbers are much more important lol

You know I'm also in my twenties right? Again, why do you throw your bitterness at me? I'm not even British, there's nothing I could do to change the outcome.

You lost money, sure, but your fellow UK citizens are to blame, and it's not like they weren't warned....

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Most people in that age bracket haven't a single clue about politics and economics so why should they be expected to vote for something they have no knowledge about? Decisions like this should be left with the goverments who were voted into power by the people, not the average Joe.

I would argue that most people in any  age bracket don't have a single clue about politics or economics and shouldn't be expected to vote for anything they have no knowledge about, which is precisely why we have representative rather than direct democracy.

Anyway, I'm really sorry that I seem to have caused a thread derailment. I only intended my remark as a bit of (perhaps ill-advised) gallows humor, I actually care far more about what's going to happen to people living in the UK than I do about the box office totals. But calculating the impact on box office totals is something I can do, and changing the outcome of anything that's going to happen in the UK is something I can't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

You know I'm also in my twenties right? Again, why do you throw your bitterness at me? I'm not even British, there's nothing I could do to change the outcome.

You lost money, sure, but your fellow UK citizens are to blame, and it's not like they weren't warned....

I suppose they can be blamed sure, but I'd rather put the blame on the dumbass that thought leaving this decision up to the public was a good idea. I don't hate on those that didn't vote. I definitely think  however that those who voted out are fucking retarded.

But to say you have no pity when the majority of us are genuinely pissed off is quite annoying. Don't know why it annoys me but it does, maybe I'm wrong for being harsh on you but I can't change how I feel so fuck you.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I would argue that most people in any  age bracket don't have a single clue about politics or economics and shouldn't be expected to vote for anything they have no knowledge about, which is precisely why we have representative rather than direct democracy.

Anyway, I'm really sorry that I seem to have caused a thread derailment. I only intended my remark as a bit of (perhaps ill-advised) gallows humor, I actually care far more about what's going to happen to people living in the UK than I do about the box office totals. But calculating the impact on box office totals is something I can do, and changing the outcome of anything that's going to happen in the UK is something I can't.

It's been a stressful week for me lol

5 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I suppose they can be blamed sure, but I'd rather put the blame on the dumbass that thought leaving this decision up to the public was a good idea. I don't hate on those that didn't vote. I definitely think  however that those who voted out are fucking retarded.

But to say you have no pity when the majority of us are genuinely pissed off is quite annoying. Don't know why it annoys me but it does, maybe I'm wrong for being harsh on you but I can't change how I feel so fuck you.

Look Jessie, did you read the thread about the Brexit on these forums? You should and read my posts there, you'd see I was angry about that, I always loved the UK, I even had an internship there, so I really wanted the UK to stay among us, I wanted the UK economy to stay strong and united with Scotland. I even expected to find work there someday because that's definitely a great place, I have friends there. I'm really sad for those who voted for "Remain".

But now, try to understand me: will I be bitter and angry for the next few months? Is that constructive? It's not like I can change this.

Now I agree : Cameron is the main person at fault for this disaster.

I didn't want to hurt your feelings, sorry.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Look Jessie, did you read the thread about the Brexit on these forums? You should and read my posts there, you'd see I was angry about that, I always loved the UK, I even had an internship there, so I really wanted the UK to stay among us, I wanted the UK economy to stay strong and united with Scotland. I even expected to find work there someday because that's definitely a great place, I have friends there. I'm really sad for those who voted for "Remain".

But now, try to understand me: will I be bitter and angry for the next few months? Is that constructive? It's not like I can change this.

Now I agree : Cameron is the main person at fault for this disaster.

I didn't want to hurt your feelings, sorry.

Don't take offense to what I say mate. Everyone knows I'm a ---- on here 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Back the more mundane box office discussion :P

FD had a stellar 2nd Tuesday in the US, $14.7M (a 44% increase from Monday) for a $311.2M total. High odds of reaching $475M, even more there. $1B WW still very possible.

Fantastic! Wonderful!:wub:

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Back the more mundane box office discussion :P

FD had a stellar 2nd Tuesday in the US, $14.7M (a 44% increase from Monday) for a $311.2M total. High odds of reaching $475M, even more there. $1B WW still very possible.

Honestly, I think $1B WW is nearly guaranteed. At this point $450M is the floor for domestic total, meaning that at most $550M is required OS. After ER adjustments, Frozen and Zootopia exceed that number, Toy Story 3 falls just short (~$20M), and Inside Out falls ~$75M short. Even with Inside Out as a rough baseline, I'm sure Dory can make up that $75M from somewhere.

There's actually a chance that Dory will exceed IO's total by $75M in just China + Japan alone. It's $15M ahead in China of IO, and Nemo did ¥11B (~$107M at current ER) in Japan, so Dory doing $90M+ seems like a good possibility.

On 27 giugno 2016 at 6:42 PM, fabiopazzo2 said:

Ti parlo in italiano così faccio prima. È tutta una scusa perché le sale fanno schifo e molte volte sono senza aria condizionata in più non invogli la gente ad andare al cinema con film del caso

Oddio, non so in quale città abiti xD Ma a settembre non è che il caldo diminuisca. Anzi, a Roma sono proprio agosto e settembre i mesi più caldi! ^^ Poi le sale, almeno qui, non sono male.

7 hours ago, La Gazzetta Disney said:

Oddio, non so in quale città abiti xD Ma a settembre non è che il caldo diminuisca. Anzi, a Roma sono proprio agosto e settembre i mesi più caldi! ^^ Poi le sale, almeno qui, non sono male.

Abito a Milano e ho un amico proprio di Roma che mi ha detto chiaramente che in alcuni cinema manco l aria condizionata mettono 

I don't think it will quite get to 500 million domestic but even 450, which is a lock, will get it to 1 billion WW.  Domestically I think 480 is the ultimate number unless it has a very strong 4th of July weekend.

Edited by Planodisney

27 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

By the end of Thursday, FD is a mere $10,000 behind BVS in the US.

:sadben:

By Monday it'll be the #2 movie of the year there and probably jump over the mutants and the pandas worldwide.

Nobody would've predicted that in January :P Same thing for Zootopia. BVS looked like a 400m-500m movie :P