kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

On 09/07/2016 at 11:05 AM, Olive said:

Good presales in Japan so far, and with Alice 2 and IDR flopping, it has good chance to make bank.

mexico and japan are truly huge market for dory, recall how phenomenal of toy story 3 made in mexico and japan!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

It will breeze past 500 OS.

I wonder if it could do Toy Story 3 OS numbers, I'm not familiar with OS in general , but looking at BOM break down is there any reason to assume otherwise?

I know Toy Story 3 over performed in UK, and that Dory is not doing that hot in Spain and France. but I think Finding Dory is doing significantly better than TS3 in China, Korea, likely Taiwan, on par or better in many countries in Latin America, could also out-gross it in Australia. It doesn't look like TS3 did too well in Germany & Italy either, so maybe  potential for Dory there to out-gross it. Japan TS3 did really well, but so could Dory considering that even MU did really well in Japan. 

Maybe just wishful thinking but I'm hoping for a 500+ domestic, and TS3 level OS for a WW total just above Minions.

Just now, cannastop said:

I am unsure of $500 outside of USA+Canada.

Mainly because the Pound and the Euro have tanked.

Well, nothing's certain yet so it could fall short but you know all of that is somewhat offset by much bigger numbers than expected in Latin America and South Korea. You shouldn't ignore Latin America, The Avengers got $200m there you know ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I am unsure of $500m outside of USA+Canada.

Mainly because the Pound and the Euro have tanked.

I keep reading here that Euro has tanked, but it has, cent up, cent down, the same value relative to Dollar than before Brexit. On Wednesday 22nd June, it was 1$=€0.8867. Today, $1=€0.90. I do not see it a relevant change.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I wonder if it could do Toy Story 3 OS numbers, I'm not familiar with OS in general , but looking at BOM break down is there any reason to assume otherwise?

I know Toy Story 3 over performed in UK, and that Dory is not doing that hot in Spain and France. but I think Finding Dory is doing significantly better than TS3 in China, Korea, likely Taiwan, on par or better in many countries in Latin America, could also out-gross it in Australia. It doesn't look like TS3 did too well in Germany & Italy either, so maybe  potential for Dory there to out-gross it. Japan TS3 did really well, but so could Dory considering that even MU did really well in Japan. 

Maybe just wishful thinking but I'm hoping for a 500+ domestic, and TS3 level OS for a WW total just above Minions.

Dory is not repeating Nemo admissions in Spain, but it could still manage IO-TS3 figures. Said this, I want to see this weekend figure for a better extrapolation. But I think Japan will be, again, the key to reach $500m.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, peludo said:

Dory is not repeating Nemo admissions in Spain, but it could still manage IO-TS3 figures. Said this, I want to see this weekend figure for a better extrapolation. But I think Japan will be, again, the key to reach $500m.

Do you think that $100m is enough from Japan? That's what I'm feeling.

12 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Japan, UK, Mexico and Germany could do $200M between them. From the existing markets, there's still enough steam in Brazil and South Korea. It's going to be a close one but I think  it will make it.

A close one to $500m OS?

Because that might not be enough for $1b ww.

Spoiler

And to beat Zootopia ww. :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Do you think that $100m is enough from Japan? That's what I'm feeling.

It is early to say. We still have to see the response of UK, Germany or Mexico. Just in these 3 countries, Nemo did $140m. But I think it will make big numbers in Japan for sure. Monsters University is the best proof of it. I prefer to wait and see. It is going to be quite entertaining.

Just now, peludo said:

It is early to say. We still have to see the response of UK, Germany or Mexico. Just in these 3 countries, Nemo did $140m. But I think it will make big numbers in Japan for sure. Monsters University is the best proof of it. I prefer to wait and see. It is going to be quite entertaining.

I'm concerned about the state of the Pixar brand in Japan, though. The last two movies weren't that popular in that market.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm concerned about the state of the Pixar brand in Japan, though. The last two movies weren't that popular in that market.

I can understand it, but Inside out is not exactly an easy film. It could fail or not. And TGD failed everywhere. I think it has more weight the fact of being a sequel of a $100m earner in the same way Monsters University was a sequel of a $74m earner. Japan already know what Nemo's world mean and they loved it 13 years ago. If people came back again to see Monsters, I do not see any logical reason to think they will not do the same with Nemo.

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

I can understand it, but Inside out is not exactly an easy film. It could fail or not. And TGD failed everywhere. I think it has more weight the fact of being a sequel of a $100m earner in the same way Monsters University was a sequel of a $74m earner. Japan already know what Nemo's world mean and they loved it 13 years ago. If people came back again to see Monsters, I do not see any logical reason to think they will not do the same with Nemo.

Well, I don't doubt $100m from Japan. What I'm skeptical of is anything much above that.