kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Nobody would've predicted that in January :P Same thing for Zootopia. BVS looked like a 400m-500m movie :P

Are you saying that no one would have predicted Finding Dory passing BvS? I don't think that's quite true.

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Really? Some people predicted this? :o

Yes

45 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

I think before either film was released it would have been difficult to find someone who would have said Dory over BvS domestic or WW.

I predicted Dory 500M-1.2B & BvS 350M-1.1B last year

• Like 1

Here is the Finding Dory #1 of 2016 club: 

Anyone in that club would necessarily be predicting Dory over BvS even if not giving a specific prediction for BvS.

I couldn't find a BvS #1 of 2016 club (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist), but for a flavour of BvS predictions, I did find these:

Not too many names that I can find in both the Dory and BvS clubs, but there's at least a couple that had a higher number for Dory than for BvS (JohnnyGossamer, Ethan Hunt).

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Dory up to $130.9M OS as of Thu Jun 30 (as per Screendaily) and $343.78M DOM as of Fri Jul 1 (as per Mojo), for a WW minimum of $474.68M. Should cross half a billion by Sunday. Can't wait to see OW numbers in Brazil.

Given it did well in several LA countries I'm optimistic :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Planodisney said:

Exchange rate is so bad though, compared to when Nemo or even TS3 and Frozen had their runs.

That's clearly bad, so much that IA5 will be far behind IA4 in USD in Brazil  even with a 40% increase in local currency!

As for Dory it's unlikely to pass TS3 there ($24m) but it's very likely to become the biggest WDAS/Pixar movie in local currency, not bad!

19 minutes ago, newbie BO buff said:

Why is Dory so slow on the OS side? Still many markets yet to open?

I thought every country play this movie.

No, many markets didn't get it such as Japan, Mexico, UK, Germany, Korea...Japan and Italy won't get it before September!

In family friendly Brazil, Dory rode to $7.1M for the best Disney or Pixar animated opening ever, almost twice the previous record held by The Good Dinosaur. The film is running gill-to-gill withMinions for the No. 1 all-time animation debut record with both title’s carrying local currency estimates of 23M reals. In the Netherlands, Dory definitely posted the largest opening for an animated title ever with $2.1M.

Elsewhere, Dory has surpassed Monsters University to become Pixar’s biggest grosser ever in China with $36.2M after 17 days. Australia is the No. 2 market overall with $22.6M in No. 1 for the 3rd frame in a row. Latin America dropped just 28% in the already opened markets, led by Uruguay (+22%), Chile (+5%) and Argentina (-9%). Argentina is the No. 3 top play overall with $10.4M, followed byFrance at $10.3M and Spain at $9.6M. Dory’s holds were particularly strong in Europe with an 18% drop. Korea, Taiwan and Lebanon bow next weekend as Dorycontinues swimming through a staggered release pattern that concludes in Germany in September.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Olive said:

In family friendly Brazil, Dory rode to $7.1M for the best Disney or Pixar animated opening ever, almost twice the previous record held by The Good Dinosaur. The film is running gill-to-gill withMinions for the No. 1 all-time animation debut record with both title’s carrying local currency estimates of 23M reals. In the Netherlands, Dory definitely posted the largest opening for an animated title ever with $2.1M.

Elsewhere, Dory has surpassed Monsters University to become Pixar’s biggest grosser ever in China with $36.2M after 17 days. Australia is the No. 2 market overall with $22.6M in No. 1 for the 3rd frame in a row. Latin America dropped just 28% in the already opened markets, led by Uruguay (+22%), Chile (+5%) and Argentina (-9%). Argentina is the No. 3 top play overall with $10.4M, followed byFrance at $10.3M and Spain at $9.6M. Dory’s holds were particularly strong in Europe with an 18% drop. Korea, Taiwan and Lebanon bow next weekend as Dorycontinues swimming through a staggered release pattern that concludes in Germany in September.

200_s.gif

I never expected that in Brazil :o

4 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Dory slaying the whole world!!

Especially Latin America :D:D

I told people here that this region would be very important for Dory, thanks to this unexpected start in Brazil $1B is now more likely :)

• Like 1