kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

As a horror fan, I think the trailer was pretty awful. Might get some buzz going, but I can't tell anything from the trailer and not in a good way like It Came at Night. It's been 7 years since Black Swan, which I didn't really like at all and has not aged well. My skepticism is 9/10 for this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

As a horror fan, I think the trailer was pretty awful. Might get some buzz going, but I can't tell anything from the trailer and not in a good way like It Came at Night. It's been 7 years since Black Swan, which I didn't really like at all and has not aged well. My skepticism is 9/10 for this. 

i'm sure the box office will suffer without your ticket. please rethink. 

Can't wait to see J-Law. I don't fucking get the hate she gets by some people saying she's overrated and whatever...please, name me ONE actress in her generation that commands the screen like she does. 

P.S: I love that both Lawrence and Watson were directed by Aronofsky. <3 Those bitches are the best 

15 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Can't wait to see J-Law. I don't fucking get the hate she gets by some people saying she's overrated and whatever...please, name me ONE actress in her generation that commands the screen like she does. 

P.S: I love that both Lawrence and Watson were directed by Aronofsky. <3 Those bitches are the best 

post of the day! :bravo:

• Like 1

if you go to this link and hover your cursor over the right an arrow should appear. It will switch to the Jen poster segment with her heart, and an audio play arrow will lead to Pfeiffer's voice. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXSDy-1F4jG/?taken-by=mothermovie

Is there a way to embed instagram?

Also Aronofky is egging people on to find Easter Eggs.  The burning heart is already the movie emoji (the Sacred Heart, we presume) and there is this:

DGOMdcyUQAA3Kw_.jpg

But supposedly there is a big Easter Egg noone has found yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30739-1345042571-4.

• Like 1

Jennifer Lawrence is a really bad actress at conveying emotion.  She does middle-school drama class level Lifetime-quality emoting during her freakouts.  That "murderer!" in the trailer?  Amateurish; compare that to what Evan Rachel Wood or Leonardo DiCaprio do in heightened scenes.  I think she has spunk and some charisma when she just needs to be energetic onscreen, but every time she's had to convey some complex emotional state or cry or lose it onscreen (at least post-Winter's Bone), I've cringed while watching.  I think she's gonna be embarrassed by Pfeiffer and Bardem, frankly.    

18 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

But what she do for be so hated in the web?

The overdoing of that "she's so relatable" stuff mixed in with a growing sense that whether or not she has talent, she's not talented enough to be the most successful mid-20s actress in film history.  Something doesn't smell right.