kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

18 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Seeing which people liked and didn’t like mother! makes me fairly confident I’m going to dig it a lot.

Now, I just have to wait for the VOD release since mother’s bombage ensures it won’t come to theaters here.

I'd say you'll dig it, but your opinions are unpredictable as fuck :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheesypoofs said:

I haven't watched it, so I can't really judge, but I thought it looked pretty bad from the trailer I saw with IT. I thought the trailer seemed sorta lame/cheesy tbh

That particular trailer is the most misleading piece of marketing Hollywood has put out all year. Do not go see this movie if you are expecting anything in that vein. I wasn't. I was expecting a psychological thriller...and it's not even that (but I've said it a lot -  just warning people to not be fooled by the marketing).

The scene where Domhall Gleeson shows up behind her, now that's some grade A deceptive editing! I wish I could spoil it because it really is funny.

• Like 3

I need to file a complaint with congress.  My senator assured me that Jennifer Lawrence was the biggest movie star in the world, yet I just lost $5000 million dollars in a bet on mother!'s box-office.  I think a class action lawsuit is in order.  Who agrees?  

• Like 2

Spoiler warning for this article.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/09/darren-aronofsky-explains-mother?mbid=social_twitter

7 minutes ago, Jeriosnal said:

I need to file a complaint with congress.  My senator assured me that Jennifer Lawrence was the biggest movie star in the world, yet I just lost $5000 million dollars in a bet on mother!'s box-office.  I think a class action lawsuit is in order.  Who agrees?  

:rolleyes:

I think a class in symbolic logic is in order, personally.

• Like 1

Honestly these reactions make me want to see it even more. YMS said in one of his reviews from TIFF that it's like watching a nightmare, and that intrigues me.

I did see some reactions on r/movies that the baby getting its neck snapped caused basically half the audience to walk out of the theater. Eeesh, I'm not excited for that.

• Like 1

I heard from a very reliable Oscar pundit that most people walking out of mother! were doing so because Jennifer Lawrence redefined screen acting with her performance, and it's made so many figures in the industry jealous and resentful.  They think storming out of her newest hit smash will encourage Academy members to refrain from voting for the prodigious talent.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeriosnal said:

I heard from a very reliable Oscar pundit that most people walking out of mother! were doing so because Jennifer Lawrence redefined screen acting with her performance, and it's made so many figures in the industry jealous and resentful.  They think storming out of her newest hit smash will encourage Academy members to refrain from voting for the prodigious talent.  

Shut the fuck up, you insufferable clit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Shut the fuck up, you insufferable clit. 

There's no reason for that kind of inflammatory language.  Clearly you don't respect strong women like Jennifer, and can't acknowledge her supreme talent, starpower, and industry clout.  I'll be laughing when she wins her next Oscar for mother! despite all of the efforts of the alt-right and anti-art trolls like yourself to discredit her work.  She'll win Oscar #3 for the Manson film by Tarantino, hopefully in lead given that she's a bigger star than Brad Pitt and deserves to win in lead, but she'll also probably win Oscar #4 with Steven Spielberg.  All of that prep time for It's What I Do is amazing and exactly what one would expect from the most talented screen actress currently working in the English language.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jeriosnal said:

There's no reason for that kind of inflammatory language.  Clearly you don't respect strong women like Jennifer, and can't acknowledge her supreme talent, starpower, and industry clout.  I'll be laughing when she wins her next Oscar for mother! despite all of the efforts of the alt-right and anti-art trolls like yourself to discredit her work.  She'll win Oscar #3 for the Manson film by Tarantino, hopefully in lead given that she's a bigger star than Brad Pitt and deserves to win in lead, but she'll also probably win Oscar #4 with Steven Spielberg.  All of that prep time for It's What I Do is amazing and exactly what one would expect from the most talented screen actress currently working in the English language.  

InyMQt2.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jeriosnal said:

This posture pretending you are insufferable fan might swing people against her more efficiently if you hadn't trashed her in all your previous posts.  And your detailed knowledge demonstrating the effort you go to just to be able to say bad things about her ..... doesn't reflect well. Time to create another sock puppet, really.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, trifle said:

This posture pretending you are insufferable fan might swing people against her more efficiently if you hadn't trashed her in all your previous posts.  And your detailed knowledge demonstrating the effort you go to just to be able to say bad things about her ..... doesn't reflect well. Time to create another sock puppet, really.

Admit you laughed.  

• Like 1