kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

More from AwardsWatch:

Spoiler

Comments Sakura sent via PM a few weeks ago. She didn't tell me not to post anything or tell anyone else. And as said above, you can't get mad when people share information you yourself aren't meant to share in the first place. 

"My brother-in-law works at Paramount. The movie still is in FX. Trailer will be released soon, before August 1st apparently"

"jlaw plays gestant mother in film, character's name Veronica"

"The truth is, although I haven't seen anything (The project's SECRETISM is annoying and suspense worthy, it's working), I know people who work there and I've been told some stuff. Apparently the Earth is dying and, somehow, Veronica (JLaw) is the only person who can save the planet (Or someone's life, as both storylines come together). It's a movie about SACRIFICE. Michelle Pfeiffer plays an Orange County villain, God-like, Republican, Trump-worthy. And, yes, Pfeiffer is coming for that Oscar."

"Bardem and Lawrence are the leads, everybody else is supporting, Pfeiffer having the juiciest role. Bardem plays some cult leader, yes."

"I mean Pfeiffer has the juiciest SUPPORTING role (Harris, Gleeson, Wiig... don't seem good bets) Lawrence has a very EMOTIONAL role (The sacrifice is her character's dilemma). She's sort of a Virgin, from costumes to hair... They probably wanted to reach Bible realness. Birth scene I have no idea. It's big spoiler so it will probably skip the trailer."

• Like 5

15 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Someone at Awards Watch is creating chaos in the mother! thread and is PMing this to AW members, seems legit, it seems to be the synospsis from the Venice festival :

Spoilers, if you dare !

Reveal hidden contents

:excited:

aw folks are also googling the name of the apparently invented actress in the entry just above 'mother!' and are coming up empty.  I did mostly believe it, and now I mostly don't.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, trifle said:

aw folks are also googling the name of the apparently invented actress in the entry just above 'mother!' and are coming up empty.  I did mostly believe it, and now I mostly don't.

Nothing written on aw should be trusted. Way too much gossip. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Get that Oscar, goddess!!!! :D 

giphy.gif

This is kind of cool, it is an interview of Michelle by Aronofsky -- he always did really like her and he doesn't hold back here.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/michelle-pfeiffer#_

there's no tiny bit to quote, so just read it. Here are some of the pictures.

img-michelle-pfeiffer_201330155277.jpg

img-michelle-pfeiffer_085752808964.jpg

img-michelle-pfeiffer_200925327977.jpg

img-michelle-pfeiffer_09055375892.jpg

img-michelle-pfeiffer_201418208447.jpg

img-michelle-pfeiffer_201250582272.jpg

• Like 2

I wasn't posting the cycle of this that wasn't from a verified source, but weirdly, the trailer is now available for cinemas to download in France and Germany, and has a test run starting today until July 26 (I think it was July 26) at 60 theaters in Brazil.  Yet to be seen if we get it here at all.... if we don't, I guess they could be testing their marketing approach?

It seems to me a big risk someone will put a poor quality trailer out there, if they don't release it on line.

• Like 1