kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

AMPAS will  have the same tired auteurs rehashing the same boring things plus the traditional indie fares while we'll have a bit of rock n roll with Darren and Jlaw & Michelle.

I am fine with that.

Bring it.

she has 4 oscars/noms. don't be greedy!!!

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Word of warning: the third act synopsis apparently leaked onto Twitter. Be careful when searching for this.

I took notice of this when I heard it, and thankfully I haven't bothered searching for Mother spoilers yet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

AMPAS will  have the same tired auteurs rehashing the same boring things plus the traditional indie fares while we'll have a bit of rock n roll with Darren and Jlaw & Michelle.

I am fine with that.

Bring it.

That is how I feel. Mother! is not a terrible movie. It will be a movie that many people absolutely love and reference many years from now. I just have a hard time seeing the people who go gaga for movies like The Imitation Game and The Theory of Everything being big on it. I know that the academy voter makeup has changed quite a bit, but I still really do not see them being that intrepid with their selections. If people already believe that Detroit is too intense, then I have no idea what they are going to say about Mother!,

Spoiler

which also has police violence among other intense/unsettling things. 

If you do not go into the movie thinking about Oscars, then you will really appreciate it. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy
  • Like 2

If the spoilers are true, I can see this getting a 34% on RT or something like that, and a D- cinemascore.  Aronofsky should never write another original script ever.  :ohmygod:  I'm not even "horrified" by the plot or whatever, it just doesn't even make much sense.  :winona2:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeriosnal said:

If the spoilers are true, I can see this getting a 34% on RT or something like that, and a D- cinemascore.  Aronofsky should never write another original script ever.  :ohmygod:  I'm not even "horrified" by the plot or whatever, it just doesn't even make much sense.  :winona2:

where did you read spoilers? link me pls....i'm curious

• Like 1

what

the

flying

fuck

did

i

just

read

This makes The Black Swan look like fluff.

Spoiler

No way in hell does this movie do well at the box office. It'll make a profit because the budget is so low, but this thing is going to have shitty legs. WTF ARONOFSKY