WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

You def should watch it, especially in 3D, it is one of these rare movies that looks really good in 3D, JGL has an amazing performance as well

2h drive to nearest theatre that's playing it. My mom has to go visit family this Wednesday there so if my day is free I may consider going. Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

Feel bad for GDT but there really isn't room for his brand of creatively in today's blockbuster climate

It won't be long until he's broken to the point of taking one of these for-hire gigs

Feel bad for GDT but there really isn't room for his brand of creatively in today's blockbuster climate

It won't be long until he's broken to the point of taking one of these for-hire gigs

idk, he still has that foreign auteur thing going for him. He can do his stuff outside Hollywood. 

Why does Mountains Of Madness need to cost 200m again? :blink:

So that studios hope to get some cash out of the GA who don't really know anything about the original source material (which really doesn't feature that many exciting blockbuster-worthy scenes).

He is no match for the Russo Brothers and their spark.

• Like 3

I usually roll my eyes when they wheel out the "FROM VISIONARY DIRECTOR" title for trailers, but for del Toro there's really no question about it. Just as a piece of filmmaking Crimson Peak is exhilarating and damn close to a Suspiria level combination of gruesome violence and stunning beauty (every shot could be hung on a wall like a piece of art, seriously)

Hell, the man made the weirdest, most visually arresting giant robot movie I've seen. 

Edited by good movie liker
  • Like 1