Water Bottle

UPDATE IMMINENT: Please Use Support System to Report Bugs

• Community Manager

Hate to beat a dead horse, but this mobile site is really, really bad. Feels more like a desktop site, instead of being optimized for mobile. Although I have no idea why anyone would want to use the desktop version (of either the new or old version of the site). That would be a nightmare on a phone.

Nothing we can do, sorry. You can try tapatalk the app!

• Community Manager

How does one get the last post read feature to work? Or is that gone as well?

It might not work for any posts made before the update. Essentially the cookies before the update don't apply which is why every topic appeared "read" right after the update.

It might not work for any posts made before the update. Essentially the cookies before the update don't apply which is why every topic appeared "read" right after the update.

nope, doesn't work for new posts neither

edit:

hey, signatures are back! :wub:

Edited by terrestrial

• Community Manager

Sorry but this new layout is terrible...why mess with a thing that was fine? I'll be spending a lot less time here that's for sure.

It's almost the same layout! There's some differences, sure, but it's almost the same. I'm also not sure why you'll be spending less time here. The main draw is the community, not the layout. :)

No surprises here, most new softwares or updates are generally worse than the ones they replace, and this is no exception. I guess I'll get used to it eventually, but the old one was perfect. 

I wouldn't say that. There's a lot of things, especially behind the scenes, that this update already does better.   :)

Alas, we couldn't stay on the old software for too long for security reasons. We would have had to make this jump anyways.

• Like 2

I ask that everyone wait until the entire process is finished before declaring the update horrible. There's still a fair amount of work left to do, both automated and our manual customizations.

I can't make this into a desktop site on my phone like I could before update. That's my only issue really.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

I can't make this into a desktop site on my phone like I could before update. That's my only issue really.

Well the complaint is that the mobile version is pretty much already the desktop version. I think if you take the time, you can get used to it and we might be making some adjustments.